DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

An Award. . .No Less







My email pal, Peggy, thinks, I and my blog are worthy of an award! Thanks! Peggy. She regularly visits my blog and gives encouraging comments,. . . . which is her way. As a result, I include more personal stuff in my blog than I originally intended. It started out as a political and social commentary but is less so now do to her interest. When I do make political and social comments. which often bordering on rants, she seldom comments, out of kindness and politeness I am sure.

I am to pass this award on to blogs and bloggers I think worthy. I am not sure I can name five such personal blogs as I read mostly political blogs and websites. Before I do anything in the morning I read Dr. Juan Cole's blog, Informed Comment http://juancole.com/ . The most knowledgeable source of information on the war in Iraq. I then read several articles on the Commondreams site http://www.commondreams.org/ a collection of articles of progressive political and social thought about the US. Then to Antiwar.com http://antiwar.com/ By now my outrage is up and I may end up emailing a friend and inflicting my outrage on them. "Did you read this!!!!!"

To calm myself I read Peggy's blog, Hidden Haven Homestead, http://hiddenhavenhomestead.blogspot.com/ to peek in on her busy life and what other cute or interesting thing she is doing around her place and with or to her menagerie of animals. These blogs are certainly all worthy of the Thinking Bloggers reward.

I would like to award three other blogs I visit that keep me returning regularly.

My cousin's blog, Dead Reckonning http://deadreckoningfubar.blogspot.com/ He does limit his blog entries to political and social comment! He is much more conservative than I and we often end up exchanging emails in a dialogue. He is very erudite and droll so I am never sure whether or not he is always serious. He definite writes a thinking person's blog.

My delightful liberal friend, Julie, writes an interesting blog. http://juliepoolie.blogspot.com/ At the moment, she is distracted with love and romance and is not blogging as much as she once did. After the wedding, I hope she finds her thoughtful voice again. This young woman has charmed me over a few years with her political, social, spiritual and passionate views. We have so many things of mutual interest it is scary. She is the person who got me reading Appalachian literature which has brought me great delight. We have exchanged lengthy emails from time to time which are much richer that our blogs. No one deserves a great love in her life more , I trust she has found him, finally.

The third and last blog, I would suggest is worthy of a Thinking Bloggers award. It is Judie's blog. http://littleartroom.blogspot.com/ It is a blog full of art and crafts. Her life is filled with art. Not being artistic myself, (the family artistic gene skipped me), I am draw to her blog daily to see what other artistic thing she has created or wanted to share. It certainly keeps me thinking. "How did she do that?" "Who would have thought you could make art out of that.?"

I hope these three bloggers will copy and past the award into their blog and nominate three to five other bloggers worthy of being give this award.

I have passed over the several Islamic blogs I regularly read. (Thanks to George Bush I have become interested is Islam and Shia Islam, in particular.) These are a special category of blog for me with limited interest among most bloggers so I have not included any of them.

I will let these three personal blogs stand as my nomination for the Thinking Blogger award. I challenge them to pass the praise along by awarding their favourite thinking blogs with this award.



4 Comments:

At 10:33 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I really do enjoy reading all your posts. The political posts are so in depth they leave me thinking in so many new levels. I just try not to post political comments as it gets me into trouble. :)

 
At 10:59 a.m., Blogger Julie said...

You are too kind - thank you!
I want to go read these blogs.

 
At 11:07 a.m., Blogger sandegaye said...

What a great idea! I came to your blog via Juliepoolie's.. & I certainly want to read more of yours..
Keep up the good work (word)

 
At 6:15 p.m., Blogger J C said...

Thank you so much Philip. I am thrilled that someone with such a mind full of politics as yours, would like my artsy stuff enough to return as often you do. I absolutely appreciate it, and even tho sometimes I disagree with your thoughts, I totally respect your right to voice them. It's what Freedom of Speech is all about! And I return again and again to see what you are up to now! I may not always comment, but trust me, I am pretty often there! Thank you again for this thoughtful award. I definitely will pass it on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home