DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

More Pictures Outback


It is a cool, yet pleasant day. We are under a storm watch which will see Winter revisiting us in the next coming days with colder temperature a snow. I too the opportunity to walk across the field behind the house to take this picture of the cabin in the trench of the river. It looks lonely. It won't be long before I go and do some more work on it.


















Here is my cow. Daisy. and calf, Lucy, enjoying some freedom on pasture. Notice the burdock hitchhikers in their fur. I have a nasty patch of these weeds. Even though their roots are edible it is not worth it to have them around. Being biennials they need to be cut to the ground over two seasons to get rid of them. It is war on the burdock this year!!


















Looking back at the house from the field behind the house.





















Ben went with me, as is his way. He stood still long enough for me to take his portrait. Who could not love such a charming furry face. Almost as furry as my own.




Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 12:11 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

thanks for sharing the walk about! I just love seeing pictures of your animal family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home