DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, March 30, 2007

JUST OUT BACK

Looking out my attic window, this is what you see. The snow in the forground is along he edge of the gully that runs to the river being the house. This drains the surface runoff from the rocky ridge across from the house. The land you see is the valley bottom land which eons ago was covered with water.

















The dark spot on the ground is what is left of my old manure pile which caught fire and burned for 5 months last summer. It smoked most of the time and occasionally flaired up in flame. I made several efforts to extinquish it but in the end the rains of Autumn and Winter put it out. I hope!

The river trench is in front of the line of snow in the background. The hills are Pre-Cambrian rock crown land covered with forest.





















Here is Ruby my Duroc sow. She is trying to get a drink out of the container. She proceeeded to tip it over and roll it around the yard with her snout. I relented and poured the water into her pail. Her eight half grown piglets are not far away.



















Here is mother cat. She is about to have kittens. i think she has chosen to have them down in the shed in a nest of hay. There are too many cats, dogs and people in the house. She is basking in today's sunshine.



















Here are some of my chickens in their hewn house with the south facing picture window. They are doing me proud. Virtually all of them are laying an egg a day. It has been a tough winter for fowl. I will start letting them out to range about soon. At a time the sow is not loose. She has developed a taste for chicken!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 7:28 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I so enjoyed the walk about! Your animals look like they are enjoying spring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home