DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Sweater Girl Tale Continues

These days Heidi is a little anxious about the wet ground. She does not like to get her feet muddy, so she often sits on the ramp before venturing forth. I think she is figuring out what spots of ice and snow are left she can step on and avoid the mud on her way to the road.






















Such a noble hound in her new cardigan.


















Trying to decide if a romp in the snow is appropriate dressed up in her new finery.


















Always, alert for any traffic. I think she is wondering why her admirer is going home.




Heidi's confidence seemed broken after her hound dog admirer left. While I returned to the porch to read some more in my book, she hid behind the car as if she no long wanted to be seem in a sweater. She certainly did not want to come and be with me which is what she usually does.
I finally had to go and coax her to come on in the house.

Whatever was giving her pause, she got over it. Later in the house she sniffed at her sweater to make sure it really was hers and I assured her it was. Later, we put it on again. I have decided to have her put it on the way very young children are taught to put their tops on. (You learn these things when you are involved in starting a day care/nursery school.) I lay it on the floor with the front part facing her. I have her step into the sleeves and then I pull it up her legs and over her head. I then can button the cardigan down the front and under her. There is a draw string around the neck. She is very patient in all things. She will soon master this routine.

I think Heidi likes her sweater. Eventually she will come to expect to go out when she sees it in the same way she patiently stands by her lead when she want to go out.

I am thrilled with the sweater. Thanks Gram. I have enjoyed having you make it and between the two of us critiquing it so that in the future there may be refinements in the design. I hope some time soon you will find another deserving dog who needs a sweater and thrill it and its master by making one. You obviously love to knit and do for others.

Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

At 8:49 p.m., Blogger Caddie said...

Heidi's new creation adorns her with elegance - the most lovely thing I've seen in a long while. Gram did wonderful! Maybe I should contract for a sweater for Choco - can't find one to fit him, you know. Heidi looks very classy - yes, a walk in the Easter Parade certainly is called for. I love the sweater's colors, a perfect complement to Heidi's coat.

She does look "pensive" behind the car. and her friend definitely took notice of the new attire.

 
At 4:19 a.m., Anonymous daffy said...

I love it! Heidi looks so lovely and I think she likes it! You can tell... she seems to be 'lording it' all over that over dog... I bet he wants one too! My dads dog, Scruff has a barbour type coat and she loves it! I'm sure she thinks she is Royalty in her finery and that's how Heidi looks! Magnificent!

 
At 8:56 a.m., Blogger Loretta said...

A lovely lady!

 
At 5:14 a.m., Blogger Cathy said...

Does she really just stand there and let you do it up?
No shifting around or putting her head where its not supposed to go?
Do you expect she will need it for a while ?
I know questions - questions - questions - just like a woman lol

 
At 3:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil, I enjoy reading the comments. I agree with Sissy, that the sweater compliments Heidi's own coloring. I'm happy that your blog friends approve. Whew! Gram

 
At 7:17 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

VERY HANDSOME !! Both dog and sweater.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home