DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day


I have been distracted this weekend, not by the love and romance of Valentine's Day but by the events of the Olympics in Vancouver. Romance will have to wait a week as my friend L is in England at the moment. We have plans for my birthday, next week.

I try not to be distracted by the Olympics but they do have a way to drawing you in. I have the added feature of following my grandson. Dylan's blog about his trip to Vancouver to take in some of the activities with his Aunt Di and visit his grandmother. Also, one of his friends from school is in Vancouver to experience the Olympics . I am enjoying his blog as well. A couple of small town boys are having an opportunity to visit a big city and take in an international event.

I invite you to visit the boys' blogs: Dylan, http://www.dylansolympictrip.blogspot.com/ and Erik , http://gobravesgoerik-erik.blogspot.com/

For those who want a little romance, I suggest listening to some of Terry Pendergass music. I remember his romantic R and B music and his striking virile look when I was young. After he was in a car accident and confined to a wheel chair he stopped performing for 20 years. When he returned his romantic sound had not diminished at all. Last Month, he died at age 59.

For the romantics among us, of my generation, we shall long remember his songs.







For those who like their romantic songs more robust and graphic listen to this tune.




6 Comments:

At 4:21 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

I just came from Dylan's blog, how interesting and how nice he does it !
From the Olympics I only heard about this terrible accident where a 20 year old died. I don't like winter sports.
It's funny I know the music of this singer but I didn't know his name !

 
At 8:38 a.m., Blogger possum said...

Happy Valentines Day - like me - a tad late! But the computer finally let me on here!
Great posting about Mandela, BTW.

 
At 2:30 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

Recently I listened to a funny re-broadcast of an interview with Teddy P. before his accident. He told about meeting "Miss Black America" backstage and his comment to her was "Hi...you are now meeting Mr. Black America."
He sure could put a lot of soul into his romantic songs!

 
At 7:14 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Teddy P certainly has a sexy voice--what I would call a bedroom voice.

I will check out Dylan's blog--what a great opportunity for him. He will no doubt have life long memories of this adventure.

Hmmm--what are you planning for your birthday? You certainly deserve some romance. Getting older is fine, and made even better with someone you can share the journey with.

 
At 12:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be curious about the b-day plans, too. Will check out the grandkids' links, too. And thanks for sharing your music!!!

 
At 1:56 a.m., Blogger Rachel said...

I have been watching some of the Olympics. It's enjoyable watching the winter sports, especially the skiing and ice skating. I have never did either one but they both look like so much fun.

Good post about Nelson Mandela too.

I'm sure your grandson and his friend are having a great time!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home