DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Off to the Olympics


My oldest grandson, Dylan, age 13, is off to the Winter Olympics, in a few days, to enjoy the atmosphere and be at some of the events. This is a gift from his Aunt Di, who lives in British Columbia. What a great opportunity for him. He will also take some time to do a little snowboarding in the Rockies near where his aunt lives. I am sure he will have a wonderful time and carry memories of this occasion for the rest of his life.

He has started a web log to record his thoughts, and activities. This too will be a new experience for him. I trust we will be able to follow along on some of his adventure. http://www.dylansolympictrip.blogspot.com/
























Dylan # 1 Grandson























Dylan in 2001-2002 When he first joined a hockey team



















Olivia, Travis and Dylan on their backyard rink


My grandchildren have all been active in a number of sports. They all play organized hockey.
It turns out that Olivia is the most physical player not afraid to take the boys on her team out of the play with a healthy body check. Much to her father's delight.Olivia and Dylan have also been involved in competative swiming. Dylan has just begun to play football at school.All three children have also played baseball, soccer, volley ball, snowboarding and some sports I have yet to find out about. Sport are a big part of their lives with their father being a big fan and still a recreational hockey player. Sports takes up a lot of the whole family's time and energy.


It is not all sports. The grandchildren are all excellent students in school, often at the top of their class. They attend a school where instruction is in French, a second language they have learned. They also play musical instuments, Dylan plays a keyboard and has a set of drums. Olivia also play keyboard a little. I am not sure what Travis plays. I do know he took step dancing lessons one years. This is very popular in the French community, with our local Fiddle and Step Dancing Festival in the summer.







Dylan with Heidi

Dylan aspires to become a veterinarian. He is always interested in the animals around my place and seem to be the most interested in Heidi.
I look forward to hearing all about Dylan's great Olympics adventure. Drop by his blog from time to time and follow along. http://www.dylansolympictrip.blogspot.com/


Posted by Picasa

12 Comments:

At 11:55 a.m., Anonymous daffy said...

There is nothing nicer that listening to a proud Grandad! You have every right to be proud! I will certainly look into the blog from time to time to keep abreast (snigger) of all the activities! Sounds great, a brilliant opportunity indeed!

 
At 1:32 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I look forward to reading about his adventures and thoughts. Counting down to the opening ceremony myself. I love winter olympics!

 
At 4:19 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I think you should go along as a chaperone. Hmmm, my Americentric spellchecker doesn't like it spelled that way.

 
At 1:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:21 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

How wonderful for Dylan and I will definitely check out his blog.
Thanks, Grandpa !

 
At 11:01 p.m., Blogger Loretta said...

What a wonderful adventure for a handsome young man.

 
At 1:24 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

You lucky man ! Three wonderful grandchildren ! It is very nice that they grow up bilingual it's so important when you live in a country with two languages, I see it here in Belgium. The generation of my son send their children in kindergarten and primary school in dutch and then the rest of the studies in french. Because they mostly don't speak flemish and nowadays it's important to get a job !

 
At 7:22 a.m., Blogger Tom said...

This was one of the best 'reads' I have had in a while... your family pride wasin every word... I will make a link to Dylans blog right away.
I am myself looking forward to the Winrer Olypics, only from the warmth and comfort of my armchair.

It was so nice to read about all the worth while activities they do... we hear so much these days over here in the UK about young ones who spend all their spare time on 'computer game machines, never get out to spend time with others... no wonder so many go off the rails...

I hope this finds you well Philip

 
At 12:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:11 a.m., Blogger amelia said...

That's wonderful, you must be very proud!!

 
At 12:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phillip, what a beautiful young man. He will be a woman killer one of these days. And being into sports will only enhance his appeal to the girls. You have good reason to tke pride. I wonder does he resemble you in your youth?

 
At 6:47 p.m., Blogger Julie said...

I think they favor you!! And how well rounded they have been raised!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home