DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

'Twas the Night Before. . .

To my family and friends, a very Merry Christmas. I trust you will all be celebrating the yuletide, exchanging gifts and feasting with loved ones.

May you also find a quiet moment to reflect on the sacred significance of the birth of Jesus. He stands before us, as the New Being, a vision of the possibilities for humanity. May we all strive for such fulfillment for ourselves.

Christmas is a quiet time for me. Family and friends don't usually come by. I am not alone there are many many people for whom Christmas is a solitary time.

This year, I will be visiting my son and grandchildren this evening. Tomorrow I will share a meal with June, who also usually spends Christmas as a very quiet time. This year is particularly touching as David, her husband died recently.

Let my door, decorated for Christmas, be a symbol of welcome for whomever might come my.
May all our doors be welcoming at this time of year.

























Here is a video of Peter Seeger and Bessie Jones singing a couple of seasonal song with a group of children. I think you will enjoy it. The sing, "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and "Children, Go Where I Send Thee."





5 Comments:

At 1:49 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Philip--the merriest of Christmas greetings to you.
And a happy New Year.
I trust all will proceed without too many hurdles in your planned Toronto trip--no travel delays, etc.
Looking forward to our continued friendship in the coming year.

 
At 1:52 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Merry Christmas my friend

 
At 7:05 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

A nice post for this Christmas season. Merry Merry Christmas to you!

 
At 8:36 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Your video clip reminds me that I have to attach speakers to my new computer -- which rocks btw.

Merry Christmas, Philip. You may be my favourite blogger, perhaps because I never know what interesting tidbit you are going to post next.

 
At 3:02 p.m., Blogger possum said...

Merry Christmas, Philip... and best wishes for the coming year.
I, too, usually have a solitary Christmas... the day before is crazy and the week after is usually filled with travelers passing thru. This afternoon will be spent with Muslim friends. That works for me.
Do you have much snow? We are waiting for our usual week-end rain to start. sigh. But I am grateful for the 53 degrees today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home