DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Look Around the Room

I am sitting here trying to avoid thinking of a couple of things I should post, but I am tired and the things I wanted to post are complicated. So here is a tour of my room

My bedroom has a 15 foot wall with no windows so it is one large photograph of a river. Rivers are one of my obsessions. This photo could be any number of rivers in this part of the North, it is not unlike several spots along the Temagami River which crosses my land.


Below are two photos when put together represent about 2/3 of the photo on the wall.


































Come lie on the bed with me. I will put on my tape of mood sounds, "Trip to Loon Lake". as we can dream of bobbing along down the river. Can't you hear the water and the white throated sparrow.?


Well I tried this line on more than one lady friend and it did not work as well as I might have thought. I have gone solo on this river listening to that tape slowly bobbing on the bed as it on a raft. It seems my obsession with rivers is mostly mine alone.
























Above my bed is this poster. Years ago, a friend gave it to me saying it reminded her of me. Apparently to her I am a somewhat dissheveled curmudgeon of a guy alway trying to teach some young child something. In the picture, I bet we are picking out shapes of animals in the clouds floating overhead. I am a constant observer of Nature's passing scene.









And the ever present Heidi. Catching a nap. She loves to put her head on the pillow when she stretches out to sleep.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


I am busy these days trying to get thing done around here so I can go to Toronto after Christmas
to share the New Year's Day with a friend. I feel morally obliged to do whatever I can to make life easier for, my tenant June while I am away. This involved getting my water going again. I had it going the last time I went away only to have it fail the day after I got back. The foot valve failed and I heard all my water draining down into the river. I have heard that sound before. I just hope I got the hot water tank shut off fast enough. I think I am ready for a drilled well, for which I have an application pending. I also have to get enought wood in the house and split to a size June can handle. Feed for the animals has to be stored as the feed mill is closed all days from December 24 to January 4 with the exception of one day. Dec. 31. I also had the septic tank pumped out today. Finally, I have approached two friends to check in with June regularly and do for her things she feels are too difficult. All this effort and I still feel guilty, not so much for June but for leaving Heidi behind.

I do look forward to a few days in the city with a friend doing some of those city things I used to do.






Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

At 8:20 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

have a fun time and try not to worry about things at home. Know you will worry about Heidi though. I am going to daughters in TN for New Years and have to leave Rusty here as Cain (the dog big like Heidi) doesn't like little dogs. He will not be happy at all to be left here with the grands,

 
At 9:29 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Two things, Philip.
First, you may not have successfully enticed some lady friends to bob on your river raft/bed--but Heidi has taken up the invitation. She seems like such a loyal companion.

Second, have a grand time in Toronto. City life has its own charms. Admittedly, cities are not rivers--but they have a lure all their own.

I wish you the merriest Yuletide season--and a splendid New Year.

 
At 11:30 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

In case I don't "see" you again in the next few days, I wish you Merry Christmas and happy getting everything in order.

 
At 7:58 a.m., Blogger possum said...

Hmmmm, maybe you just haven't asked the right one to go, um, rafting, with you?

Have a wonderful holiday and a happy and safe trip to the BIG city.

 
At 8:45 a.m., Blogger amelia said...

Have fun in Toronto Philip. I love the place but I'm always happy to be home again.
We have a drilled well and it's great except when the hydro goes!!! Then the generator comes in handy!!
Have a great Christmas and a happy new year although if you're anything like us, all the days are much the same!!

 
At 10:59 a.m., Blogger Loretta said...

Merry Christmas Philip. Have a great time in the city!

 
At 4:26 p.m., Blogger J C said...

Ah Heidi. Whatever would you do without her, lounging on the bed listening to your mood tapes. Me, I'd rather lounge in a canoe! Happy Holidays, my friend. xoxoxo

 
At 8:05 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

Merry Christmas to you and Heidi. What a great bedroom wall...I would imagine it really helps to lull you to sleep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home