DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Female Problems

I am too old to be living with a female that has periodic female problems. Let alone sharing my bed with her. Everywhere she sits or lies down she leave blood spots. It is a long time since I had a female embarass herself and me by leaving such tell tale signs.

It's my lovely bitch , Heidi. She is in heat. Such a big dog and such a big mess. I have been told that they sell sanitary napkins for dogs. How embarassing. I refuse to inflict my elegant companion with wearing a napkin. What would that lovely male dog from next door, who has taken up residence on my welcome mat, think!

Well I love her and I will put up with trying to limit the damage, even if I will have to throw some sheets away. You can do these things whne you don't have a human female pestering about the mess "your" dog is making. There have to be some advantages to being single.

It will be a long three weeks.























Heidi on her old chesterfield (I use this Canadian word to confuse my American friends. It is so much more elegant a word the couch, although this beat up piece of furniture deserves to be called a couch.0)




















Remember when I posted Heidi with the red balls and how she was treating them like puppies.
Well! she got the real thing. . . . . .almost! She went into my closet and borrowed two kittens from the cat. She carried them one at a time in her mouth and put them on the bed, where she tried to lick them to clean them. She would have gotten up on the bed to cuddle around them if I had not taken them away from her when the cat showed up. Several times a day she sticks her head in the door to the closet and checks on her kittens. The mother cat doesn't seem to mind.



















All that faux mothering tires a hound out.



I hope this little movie works. Otherwise you just get to see how tall Heidi is when she stands on the bed.
{Hmmm, it didn't work. Back to the drawing board to figure out how to post a little video I make with my camera.}
Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

At 7:47 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What a sweetie! Gotta love the pic with the kittens. Try putting the video on YouTube. Once it's up, they'll give you the code to embed it in a blog. At least that's what I do. I had funny results with the Google method (although they now own YouTube).

 
At 10:10 p.m., Blogger John and Carol said...

Isn't it amazine what we will put up with pets that we love? We understand.

 
At 12:52 a.m., Blogger Janet said...

i am completely charmed by her behavior with the kittens! I have no advice about the heat thing. I've always had everyone fixed the instant they arrive at my door. I didn't know they would actually bleed from it!

 
At 5:07 a.m., Blogger Cathy said...

Hello Phillip
Tell me to mind my own business but why hasn't she been speyed if you aren't going to breed from her?
Take care
Cathy

 
At 9:14 a.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

Good luck on keeping Heidi away from the male dogs.

 
At 9:16 a.m., Blogger KGMom said...

I know very little about dogs in heat--every dog we have had (that was female) has been spayed. Of course, the males have been neutered.
Some people object to having pets altered--personally, I think it simplifies things. Your post reinforces that.
There's a male dog on your doorstep? Get ready for the real deal in puppies.
Heidi is too funny with the kittens. Amazing the mother cat tolerates it.

 
At 5:23 p.m., Blogger Loretta said...

Poor Heidi. My daughter in law put a pair of her drawers and a pad on their pit bull. Now, if that wasen't a sight!!

 
At 3:47 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

All our animals are spayed and neutered before I get them in the door. Even Teddy, who I picked up off the road last year went to the vet to be neutered before I brought him here so we've never had that problem.

Poor Heidi, it can't ba very pleasant for her either!!

 
At 11:30 p.m., Blogger ancient one said...

You said Chesterfield which did make me laugh... I've heard couches called Davenports...and I don't know why...

 
At 12:12 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

awwwww let Heidi have one kitty to mother. LOL She is as spoiled as Diva and the girls.

 
At 2:33 p.m., Blogger Gill - That British Woman said...

She is a beauty, is Heidi a great dane?

Gill in Southern Ontario

 

Post a Comment

<< Home