DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Family News


For my recent birthday my grandchildren gave me the mounted photos, school pictures, below.

I am trying to decide where to hang it. In the upstairs hallway, where I have my great grandparents pictures and my uncle's paintings seem to be a good bet.

(click on photos to enlarge)






















I have been wanting to post some photos of the kids for a while but my big scanner seems to not want to cooperate. I keep getting notices on the computer that it cannot locate the scanner, as if their is no cord between them. I have redone the software for the computer and that seems to make no difference. These devices are fun when they work but I just find them annoying when they don't.

Back to the pictures. No I have not been drinking. The pictures are on a slant so as to avoid the flash from the camera.

The top photo is of Dylan, 11, the oldest. Below him is Olivia, 10, and at the bottom, Travis, 9.
They are all terrific children: healthy, intelligent, active in sports, well behaved and polite ( with me at least). They have all played hockey (Dylan and Olivia always on the same team) soccer and "T" ball. Dylan and Olivia even took figure skating lessons one year. The purple tights on Dylan made me wince. Fortunately, they had enough of that after one year. Travis managed some step dancing lessons, which is popular around here in the French community. Dylan and Olivia have belonged to the swimming club and done well in competitive swimming. The kids have also learned to play the keyboard (piano) and now Dylan is trying the drums. I have yet to hear the young Gene Krupa play. As I have mentioned before, I am most proud that they have all become bilingual, taking their education in French. This is a big advantage in Canada with two official languages but more important they can share in two linguisitic cultures and make their lives so much richer for it.

I find Dylan being the grandchild most interested in me and what I say. He is intellectually curious and likes to learn new things. If I were able I would probably spend more time with him.
I had always thought I would show him the joy of canoe tripping and camping but so far it has not worked out.

The three kids are enough to make grampa proud. I only wish I was able to spend more time with them.
















Speaking of being proud. This is Andrea, my brother's youngest daughter. She just heard she has been accepted in the doctoral program in psychology at Dartmouth College come September.
This past year she has been at the College of William and Mary, where she will be awarded an master's degree. She is a graduate of the University of North Carolina, at Willmington.

You make us all proud, Andrea.

Come next Winter, she will have the opportunity to enjoy the northern winter with lots of snow.
It has been years since her parents took her and her sisters south to live in North Carolina. This will be a chance to polish her skating skill and maybe take up skiing. Andrea is athletic and I expect she will enjoy the opportunities of living in west-central New Hampshire.

Here is a video of the lovely setting and campus of Dartmouth College.

14 Comments:

At 9:03 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a lot to be proud of! They all look really lovely and their interests make me tired just reading them. Inquisitive minds are the best kind. My daughter is like that, she likes to learn and be involved. I love that she is really doing well at her judo, although now she is talking about boxing and I'm not so sure about that!
I love the pics and I think they all have your 'good looks' gene! :o)

 
At 9:11 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It's nice to get a glimpse into your family and to fel your pride coming through.

 
At 9:12 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I think you found the perfect place to hang those handsome photos! Each time you go up or down the stairs they will be smiling for you. What a wonderful talented family you have!

 
At 10:08 a.m., Blogger @JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

What a nice looking family, Philip! Thanks for sharing. I hope you can work out that canoe trip soon! These times are special with the grandkids.

 
At 11:05 a.m., Blogger Caddie said...

Some very good looking children,
Phillip. I enjoyed the video also - a first view for me. My, so many beautiful trees too. I can just imagine strolling under those canopies, enjoying the woodsy odors. Oh, joy!

 
At 11:30 a.m., Blogger possum said...

How NICE! Great kids! It is so great to have bright, healthy children in the family. What a joy for you.
Keep up the dream of the camping trip, even if it is only on your back 40!
My first camping trip was on my AUnt's front porch on the island in Maine! After we survived that, we tried camping at the lake. It was so much fun!

I know you are proud of them all. Lucky them. Lucky you!

 
At 10:05 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Fortunate is the man who has such a loving, talented family. You are rich indeed.

 
At 8:48 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Lovely grand children! No wonder you are so proud. You should be!!!

Hoorah for your niece too! Sounds like she is going to go far!

 
At 10:59 a.m., Blogger Janet said...

Beautiful, well-rounded kids. You have ever right to be proud! I hope I can do as well with mine.

 
At 8:08 a.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

What nice photos. I have great faith in the next generation and your 4 seem to prove that.
Also, I love that you advertise KIVA on your blog site.

 
At 12:39 p.m., Blogger Gretchen said...

No wonder you're so proud! I would be, too! I have photos all over the house. Lots of my beloved furry babies, too. They may be at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for me, but they're still right here in my heart.

 
At 6:58 p.m., Blogger Loretta said...

Beautiful children!! I wish you could spend more time with them, I know I am blessed to have mine so close.

 
At 10:04 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

A beautiful touching post... a why should you indulge yourself with the pride you feel... Excellent post Philip... one I really enjoyed reading and seeing
Tom

 
At 8:40 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

Lovely post and gorgeous kids.

You have every right to brag, I sure would if they were mine!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home