DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"tis the Day Before Christmas

.. . . .I'm feeling quite blue,

To cheer me up, I turn to Youtube

And my philologist teacher to relieve my distress.








Now I feel better. She makes me smile.

She is a charming teacher, n'est-ce pas?

I only remember one such teacher who made me all warm and fuzzy with a pre-teenage crush. She shall remain nameless but it remains a warm memory of my school days.

4 Comments:

At 12:14 p.m., Blogger possum said...

Well, that didn't do much for me... I guess that is probably a good thing, eh??? But, if it made you smile, then - very good!
I am working off my Xmas blues. If I can stay busy, I don't have time to think about how miserable I would be if I spent the time thinking about how miserable I could be...
Fortunately it warmed up today. We have had a couple of days below freezing, there is still a bit of ice in the birdbath. I was able to open the greenhouse and give everybody in there a drink.
Next, I will make my own cranberry sauce and start a few things for tomorrow's dinner. I like to make my own stuff and not just open a box or can. I will get up early to stuff the turkey.
The Xmas pie is in the oven - macintosh and raspberry. I will make the pumpkin one tonight. Maybe I will make corn puddin' this afternoon if I get all my other chores done. You like corn pudding? You are invited for dinner. Be here by noon!

 
At 2:59 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Sorry about the Christmas blues--but I can see why a philologist would help.
As for me, I've been baking mince pies--with the essential ingredient--rum. No blues here!

 
At 3:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw I'm sorry you are feeling a bit glum. I hope it passes quickly. I know why she made you smile... I promise not to tell a soul! ;o)
Have a peaceful, wonderful Christmas Philip. Give Heidi a hug for me and I will send some toasy vibes your way tomorrow! :o)

 
At 10:50 p.m., Blogger Gretchen said...

Didn't cheer me up any!

I hope you have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home