DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, December 05, 2008

An Early Winter

We have had the second significant snowfall already this season. Now it has turned cold (-15C last night) It seems Winter has set in early this year. The beauty of the snow is always a joy to behold.

(click on photos to enlarge)
















The swimming hole



















Forest covered rock outcropping






















Heidi went for a run without me. She has not learned the fun of plunging into the deep snow as Gage used to do.



The show that fell was quite wet. With the drop in temperature it has firmed up and will make snowshoeing possible.

9 Comments:

At 12:46 p.m., Blogger Gretchen said...

I'm so glad it's you and not us with all that snow! I am not a fan of winter, but the rest of my crew, right down to the dog are.

I had to send in the check and reservation for our son's ski club trips this week. They all love to strap those boards on their feet and come flying down mountains. I love to sit in the ski lodge, drink hot cocoa and read a good book!

 
At 4:20 p.m., Blogger possum said...

Ah, there you go again... sigh. BUT they said we might get some flurries Sat night into Sun morning! The shelves are bare at the store. Bread, milk, water - gone. Snicker. It is really amusing the level of panic here when the S word is in the weather report! Of course, I have my gallon of milk, 3 loaves of bread and 6 gallons of water - so I can snicker! Plus, I still have my hurricane stash.
But seriously, it is beautiful. And I do appreciate your pictures. Much prettier than my brown grass!

 
At 4:59 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

It's so pretty, I have some on my blog too but I think yours are nicer!!

 
At 5:00 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

Also our lake is frozen and when I drove to NB this afternoon, Lake Nipissing is covered too.

 
At 11:38 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You have a genuine pair of old fashioned snowshoes.

No snow to speak of here yet. Weird.

 
At 11:54 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

What beautiful photos and I'm sure Heidi will learn how to have fun in the snow. Meeko loves it.

Take care while snowshoeing. It is something I've always wanted to try.

Take care and enjoy your weekend. I'm going to check out the posts here that I've missed.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 9:23 p.m., Blogger @JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

What lovely winter photos! We don't have snow yet, but it is in the forecast, so I'm sure it won't be long now. Much nicer to look at your photos, though! =;) (as opposed to shoveling!)

Happy Holidays!

 
At 9:24 p.m., Blogger John and Carol said...

What beautiful photos. You live in a great place. We love snow. But we also love warm weather and hope to head to Arizona by February

 
At 1:03 p.m., Blogger Janet said...

Those are beautiful photos. I hope you aren't tired of it before it's all over with. Snowshoeing has always been something I've wanted to try, but we never get nearly enough snow for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home