DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Scenes in Winter

Today it is sparkling bright today: blue sky, white snow. It is not very cold and we are expecting more snow tomorrow. I thought I would post some winter pictures.

Picasa, my photo handling program, has some new features. One is allowing one to write on the photos. I gave that a try.

(click on photo to enlarge)


















A typical scene along the road to town. I made a trip to Verner to get feed for the animals and do a little laundry.
























My path to the shed is beginning to look well used. The piglets use it too travelling in single file.
So cute!


















There is a little drifting alongside Dave's raised garden and the wood pile. About mid thigh deep.




Even the piglets enjoy the snow and fresh air. He they are enjoying some cracked corn.
The other day I absentmindedly let Heidi outside loose. Right away she headed for the shed with me hobbling along behind to try to stop her. She won that foot race. By the time i caught up she has grabbed a piglet by the back of the neck. The victum was squealing bloody murder. The sow is threatening to vault out of her pen to join in the fray. I get a good grip on Heidi and give her some wacks across the nose until she released her victum. I drag her away.
In no time, Heidi is once again my adoring, gentle companion. She certainly has it in for pigs.
To let Heidi loose I have to take her down by the river.
Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

At 6:01 p.m., Blogger possum said...

Oh how beautiful! It is supposed to get really cold here this week-end - but probably no snow...
The December camellias are just starting to bloom.
I just can't imagine living with that much snow for how many months? Yet, I used to live in Maine and spent one year near Buffalo NY - ah, but I was YOUNG! Lordy, if I fell in a snow drift, I don't know if I would ever get out! Glad you didn't freeze to death! Do you carry a cell phone with you?

 
At 10:47 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

It looks like you have a nice amount of snow. We got about an inch or so but that's all. I'm not looking forward to any significant snowfall this year.

The evergreen boughs loaded down with the snow is a pretty picture and the piglets and Heidi are cute Thanks so much for sharing.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 1:45 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures!! It's winter & the perfect time for me to plan a family vacation trip.

 
At 12:38 p.m., Blogger Catnapping said...

I'd like to come by, and load up a big dumptruck with somma that snow, and bring it home with me.

It's december here, and we STILL don't have any snow in our valleys...and there's very little on the hills around us.

bad, bad winter. it better shape up soon.

 
At 1:19 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That first scene is beautiful, Phillip. Emily Dickinson would have loved to go about those woodlands.

 
At 8:37 p.m., Blogger Synchronicity said...

what wonderful wintry photos! i especially like the one of the sweet piggies in the snow. you take good pictures...some of these could be postcards.

 
At 1:05 p.m., Blogger Janet said...

Oh my - I would have thought she would have gotten used to having the piglets around by now. Obviously it's going to take a bit longer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home