DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Moon Gazing


With the sky cloudless and a cool -22C temperature, last night was perfect for observing the spectacular moon lighting up the night sky and reflecting off the snow covered landscape. Below is my attempt to photograph the moon. Oh! to have an adequate camera.

(click on photo to enlarge)

















Last night's moon was closest it gets to the Earth so it appeared 14% larger and 30% brighter. To see a photo of what the moon really appeared like go here. http://www.nowpublic.com/tech-biz/full-moon-biggest-and-brightest-15-years-december-12-2008


Here is what the National Geographic Society has to tell us about this event http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/12/081212-full-moon-biggest.html

And, or course, you must see what NASA has to say http://www.nowpublic.com/tech-biz/full-moon-biggest-and-brightest-15-years-december-12-2008

I hope you all got to see the moon so you could go "ooo and awww". If you do not live where there is lots of snow and no light pollution, you missed some of the best viewing.





5 Comments:

At 10:18 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It was quite beautiful, even with the light pollution.

 
At 10:35 a.m., Blogger KGMom said...

And, of course, if you happen to live where it was cloudy last night, you missed it altogether. Hands up all who missed it? ME--my hand is up.
I was all primed ready to check out the biggest and brightest moon--and--phooey--cloud cover everywhere.
I will look tonight, but it just won't be the same.

 
At 3:13 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

When I took Meeko out, I looked for the moon. Unfortunately it was hidden under cloud cover. I never did get to see it but now I have. Thanks for posting and thanks for the links. I enjoyed your post, as always. Also, thanks for the email with the video.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 5:45 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

I did the same thing and have the same pics!!! That's so funny and if I had a better camera I'd never be able to use it. It was so cold last night and I was picture taking in my nightie which was very chilly!!

 
At 6:04 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

Too cloudy here to see it...but, in all honesty I have to say that I'd rather see your pictures of the moon and all that snow than to actually experience it. I've had enough snow to last a lifetime... or at least what's left of it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home