DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS

We had more snow fall last night. it keeps coming.

(click on photo to enlarge)

















A Currier and Ives winter scene? I think so.











The plow came by overnight to clear the road and leave me a chore of digging out. I am still flying the Labradorian Flag. We certainly are getting snow worthy of that wonderful wild part of Canada.




In honour of my niece, Laura, now living in Australian, I thought I would include some Austalian Christmas songs. Below is a version of "I'm Dreaming of an Aussie Christy" by Addison a delightful Aussie child. (You may need an Australian slang dictionary for some words. A "snag" is a sausage cooked in the barbecue, the barbie) Enjoy.












And the well known Aussie song, "Six White Boomers"











Right now I could enjoy an Aussie Christmas away from all this snow.




8 Comments:

At 10:42 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Now I think that snow is the perfect Christmas present!!

 
At 1:43 p.m., Blogger Tracy Bruring said...

One of these days I would like to visit canada...not the cities but the real canada! I can't believe I lived 1 mile from it and never ventured over the border.

 
At 2:13 p.m., Blogger possum said...

We had the picture of your yard on the screen while we ate our turkey dinner. That was our White Christmas!
We set a place for you - but I guess the snow kept you home!!! At least you had a good excuse!
It is 55 here, down from 60 at noon, flowers are blooming on the camellias. Punkin is scrubbing turkey juice off his whiskers laying on his back in the sun.
Thanks for sharing your snow! Not sure about the Aussie Chrissie! LOL!

 
At 5:20 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Looks nice. we've lots much snow due to rain. At least we didn't get any/much freezing rain. Clear today.

 
At 8:34 p.m., Blogger Loretta said...

What beautiful snow! I hope you've had a good Christmas day. We had a wonderful family meal and enjoyed the grandchildren opening presents. Merry Christmas.

Loretta

 
At 11:03 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

OMG ! what a contrast between the Christmas songs and where you are living ! You are almost burried in snow !! I don't think that I have ever seen that in my whole life !

Very interesting the Aussi Christmas songs ! Never heard them either !
Blogging makes intelligent, lol !

 
At 1:55 p.m., Blogger dmmgmfm said...

We've had a lot more snow and cold than usual, and I'm about ready to flee to the islands (I WISH)...

Happy Holidays,
Laurie

 
At 9:57 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Beautiful scene--though I suspect you would like a break. You don't have to go all the way to Australia to have a snowless Christmas--try here in central PA. Our state capitol--no snow. But then we have had lots of rain. On second thought, Autralia sounds better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home