DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Donating Organs

My blog pal Gretchen sent me the following reward and a gentle reminder of the importance of arranging to donate your organs when the time comes they are no longer needed . In Canada. it is as easy as signing in the right place on your driver's license. In other places it is no doubt just as simple. Don't forget to tell your family of your wishes to commit this last selfless act of love of others. (Your body belongs to someone else when you die.)


[sharingthelove.jpg]


Crystal at Memoirs Of A Mommy created this award in honor of the donor that saved Noah's Life. Noah is her son and he had a heart transplant when he was under one month old. He just turned one earlier this month!! Her hopes are that in passing this award around, we are creating more awareness of the importance of organ donation.


I pass this award on to three other bloggers who I feel do much to share their love: Peggy, Tom and Rosie. Your good deeds have not gone unnoticed and admired.

8 Comments:

At 9:07 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Thanks Philip. Hope you have a good, relaxing weekend.

 
At 10:10 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely award! A nice way to start the weekend with a little recieving and giving and helping people to help others.

 
At 5:29 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

A very worth while post Philip.. I wished you had posted this at the beginning of Sky Watch them more could have seen this..

Tom

 
At 1:04 a.m., Blogger Rosie said...

Thanks so much, Phil! I love that.

I hate it I can't be an organ donor. They won't even take my blood anymore.

 
At 9:24 p.m., Blogger Synchronicity said...

this is a very important message. i will definitely look into how to be an organ donor.

 
At 12:09 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip,

Yes, organ donation can certainly save a life and sometimes more than one. Signing the driver's license here in Ontario is a very easy way to do that.

I have been playing catch-up again and have read the two previous posts which I missed. I never read Anne of Green Gables as a child but as an adult. I would certainly love to read Beautiful Joe and so would Brandon and Jordan. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I enjoy reading historical fiction or books based on fact. I am an avid reader and am always happy to find reviews of good books.

Take care, Philip and have a relaxing weekend.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At 12:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here in the US it is just as simple!

 
At 12:35 p.m., Blogger Janet said...

I signed my license as soon I got it. I firmly believe in not wasting anything that someone else might be able to use. (Although the older I get the more things are becoming unusable . . .)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home