DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Happy Birthday Parker 8/8/69


Today is my son, Parker's birthday. He is 38 today! Where do the years go.?



















We never did have a little baby, as he was over 10 pounds at birth. Here he is at a week old. The mole on the side of his head is like I put my brand on him as I have countless numbers of these spots.

He very gracefully came into this World when we lived in Boston. I remember the excitement of it all, although I don't show "excitement" very much . Luckily, our friend Johnny Frazier was beyond himself and excited enough for both of us.

Very conveniently he hold duel citizenship, an Ameradian, as a "Canadian Born Abroad".


















It was not long before the little boy was out and about. I always like this picture of him when we lived on Long Island Sound in East Haven, Connecticut. He is not only such a cute little tow head but he is pictured with my second most cherished thing, my canoe.

When his mother decided, when he was two, that she wanted something else out of life than being a wife and mother, we were left as a small family, just Parker and I. I raised him until he went off to University to create a life of his own. They were good years, particularly the one's here on the farm.

Parker was easy to raise, as he was healthy, bright, responsible and independent. One has no right to ask for more blessings than these.




Life unfolded as it should. This is what we got. Parker and Sandra and their three lovely children, Dylan, Olivia and Travis. (This is taken at the recent family reunion in Toronto at my sister's home. I didn't want anyone to think I am a suburbanite.)
Parker is not only a responsible citizen but also a good husband, excellent parent and a teacher.
He continues to make me and his mother proud (I think I can risk speaking for her).
Happy Birthday, son. 38 years old. . . .damn! where do the years go.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 4:06 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

What a wonderful job you did raising your son! When our children grow up, become responsible adults, good spouses, good parents, I think we deserve a little pat on the back. Hope he had a great day!

 
At 1:36 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

Oh yes, years go by so fast. My son is now 34 and I also can't believe it that he is now such a big man (2 m !) Must not have been easy to bring up your son alone, but you can be very proud of the result !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home