DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Spring Has Certainly Arrived

With the sun shining and the temperature ay 18C or better for a few days we can finally declare Spring has arrived.




























Ben found some of his many balls lost in the snow. He is ready to play, "toss the ball." I toss he chases and retrieves. I am worn out.



















Ben contemplating getting wet on a sunny day. He is no swimmer. He just stands in deep enough to get his belly wet. (Could he be cooling his passions?)

























Finally, we don't have to start the stove in the morning. Soon I will have to give it a good cleaning and chimney sweep.


Other news:


My friend and housemate, Dave, is seriously ill. At 84, his heart is "finished" (the way the doctor put it). His wife June and myself would like him to come home so we can care for him. There may be some effort to leave him in the extended care part of the hospital. We think he would be better among friends, with his adorable dogs and able to enjoy looking out upon the countryside in a stress free environment. We shall see what the best medical advice is.

Another neighbour is also in the hospital after having a heart attack. We have been friends for a number of years since they bought the farm at the end of the road. Last week, her son stopped in and asked me to visit her during the day, each day, while he is at work. He was worried about her. He husband is in Germany visiting family. She was alone and trying to lower her blood pressure with herbs, an interest of hers.

Shortly, after I started visiting her she had to go to the hospital where they determined she had had a heart attack. I hope she will be able to come home again soon. In the meantime, I also dog sit their lovely husky pup. Always room for another animal.

I sold six of my pigs. This leave me with my sow and two young pigs. who are running free and enjoying the sun and whatever they can root out of the ground. My two cows and three pigs have decided they are a herd. One of my young pigs was badly mauled by my neighbours bull terrier. It is recovering with several severe wounds. I thought it might die of shock but it didn't. Pigs are tough.

I have visited the neighbours, who are new, and told them of my concern about their dog attacking my dog Ben and then one of my pigs. They don't see their dog as a problem. He is their loveable pet. We shall see!!!! I am long suffering. If their dog is a problem for anyone else they may finds someone coming and shooting it. That is the traditional way of resolving such issues around here. Even the police behave this way. If a dog is harassing wildlife the police just shoot the dog summarily!

Spring seems to bring us all closer together, people and animals alike, as we are out and around.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 6:24 p.m., Blogger J C said...

Now Philip, here is the way it is really supposed to work. BEN tosses the ball, and YOU retrieve. Right? Isn't it? At least that's the way it works here with me and Mz. Wee. I am the one on my hands and knees retrieving the ball that she beaks across the room under the sofa.

Healing blessings to your room mate and your neighbor.

 
At 8:31 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I hope Dave gets to come home. I agree that is where he will be comfortable and happy. I am glad you are there to help his wife. Its hard as a spouse handling things alone. I bet Ben had a wonderful day playing fetch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home