DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream: Roy Orbison. . . . "Walk On" .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Roy Orbison. . . . "Walk On"

I have been a Roy Orbison fan since the '60's. He is one of the few singers I went out of my way to see perform live: once in a smokey drinking joint in Toronto and near the end of his career in a theatre in North Bay Ontario.
My favourite song is "Crying" like so many of his songs celebrates "loser love". Oh! how my life has been filled with loser love. As a romantic optimist I submitted myself to the vagaries of the pursuit of love and romance.
I could have done better!

"Walk On", is a little known Orbison song. It is good advice I never could follow.

I watched a movie on his music the other night and it reminded me how much I enjoyed his songs.

2 Comments:

At 12:00 p.m., Blogger Norma said...

I'm not into music, but that "Crying" can just make me a puddle.

I'll be doing a elegy tomorrow. Stop by.

 
At 10:46 p.m., Blogger Bruce Oksol said...

"Walk On" is available again on You Tube.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home