DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Damn! It's Cold, Again

Winter returned. Last night it was -37C, with the wind chill. I heard on the radio the school buses aren't running because it is too cold. I guess those little dears can't take the cold waiting by the side of the road. "When I was a kid. . . . . . . ." It could be worse. Up on the James Bay coast (the real northern Ontario) it is near -50C

It seems we are being punished for such a mild early part of Winter.

By Saturday, it will be up around 0C once again. I imagine my 10 pigs have a great pig pile in their nest of hay. The hens will be delivering frozen eggs. My seven cats are in the house. Rabbits are safely in the basement. And, my dog and my neighbour's dog are here beside me in my room. They know better than to venture outside.

Today, the task is to keep the home fires burning.

Perhaps, I will read the book my sister sent me on treating your own Depression."The Feeling Good Handbook",not the most upbeat birthday present I ever got. Reminds me of the girl friend who gave me the book, "How to Become your Own Best Friend", as she told me our relationship was over. How considerate! ( That is a tale for my book!)

5 Comments:

At 9:00 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Do you think this might be it: maybe the last really deep cold spell.

 
At 7:41 p.m., Blogger Penny McArthur said...

Sorry you didn't appreciate the book for your birthday but I don't usually send you a gift at all on your birthday so I thought I was doing something special for you.

Penny

 
At 1:03 p.m., Blogger SillyBahrainiGirl said...

LOL! I really do hope it is the last cold spell for the season ..because I really have had it!!! Keep warm Pebbles!

 
At 2:48 p.m., Blogger Rhea said...

37 below. Wow, and I thought it was cold here in Boston yesterday.
Rhea
The Boomer Chronicles
www.thegeminiweb.com

 
At 8:30 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Just checking to see if you have gotten frozen in or starting to thaw out. Our spring weather keeps switching back to winter windchills but I can just smell spring around the corner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home