DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, March 02, 2007

In like a Lion

Well! it seems March "came in like a Lion" and hopefully will go" out like a lamb". Winter is not through with us yet. We are enjoying a snow storm today. It is light fluffy snow which contrasts with the wet, rainy, icy snow they got south of here which makes driving so hazardous. The school buses are not running today, more do to the blowing snow than just the snow fall. If we get the 20cm predicted this will be our heaviest snowfall this year, which has had a disappointingly small amount.

On a mission of mercy, I made it to North Bay just before the storm started yesterday evening to perform a wedding for a young couple. The fellow is in the military and about to be moved to Comax, BC. (Lucky fellow! as British Columbia is a beautiful part of the country).

It seems the military does not recognize a common law marriage, as our government does. The military would not pay to move this fellow's partner unless they were married. (I must look into this.) I did what was necessary to see them legally married at their home on the North Bay military base. At some point, they will celebrate their marriage, when they can get back to their family and friends in Quebec.

For my American friends the Eastern Headquarters of NORAD is in North Bay. It used to be located underground in a man- made cavern but is now above ground. A sure sign the cold war is over. There are American soldiers here as NORAD is jointly operated by Canadians and Americans. They keep a low profile. I don't think I have ever seen one in uniform. In fact, you see very few Canadian soldiers in uniform in the community. My first antiwar protest was in the early sixties over the plan to have BOMARC, missiles located here. In the end, Canada refused to have them on Canadian soil.

















I love the way the snowflakes look so large close to the camera.
























These are the chimney's for my two wood stoves, a cook stove in the kitchen and a wood heat box in the basement.



Posted by Picasa



The snow obscures my neighbour's house 1/4 if a mile away.


3 Comments:

At 9:55 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I so enjoyed your snow photos! Thanks for giving me snow even if I can't play in it.

 
At 8:27 p.m., Blogger J C said...

That looks so cold to this sunshine girl here. But I love it to look at. As long as you keep it at YOUR house! ;)

 
At 8:58 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I was wondering about that. The first was nice. Does that mean in like a lamb still? And out like a lion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home