DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

About the Place

As they say on the News, first the weather.

After two days of warm weather, 8C, which brought on the Spring melt . The roads are down to the gravel and there are actually some bare patches of ground by the house. Another day, we would see the fields starting to show bare spots.

BUT, the cold decided to revisit us. This morning it is -15C plus windy which makes it feel closer ot -30C. The ground, which has thawing out was flash frozen overnight. Needless to say my pigs hunkered down in their nest of straw instead of coming to find me for their feed. No doubt in a couple of days, the Spring thaw will continue.

The good thing about this weather is that it slows down the melt down and avoids flooding. I guess the sugaring off in the maple bushes will be slowed to a standstill until the days are warmer.

The warmer weather worked out good for us as it gave us an opportunity to move Dave and June into my house. They are going to share my large house with me. It turned out they had more "stuff" than I imagined. Lots is going to the attic for storage and I hope we can arrange the rest without feeling overwelmed. They have some rooms for their exclusive use and we share the utility areas.

I pride myself on my Spartan and sparce living and try to have minimal stuff around (except books and paper, which I find hard to part with). I am fairly relaxed about this current invasion of my space. I guess Veronica's moving in for six month's last year soffened me up. I was more resistent to change back then. I could have done better by Veronica and told her more how I really appreciated how she made my house a home, (once I adjusted a little.) My house and my property is large enough I can find quiet places and quiet times for myself.

The day after Dave and June moved in there was a knock at the door. It was a handsome fellow who acted as if he knew me. "Do I know you? I asked." (thinking my memory was failing me.) "No he replied, but I know her. " He had spotted June. It turned out he was Dave's grandson. He is "Stompin' Tom's son, (I wrote a little about him, our Nationalistic Country singer, a few blog entries back). Dave's daughter was married to him at one time. June no doubt embarassed him by pointing out this relationship to me. Apparently, when I wasn't present she got him to promise to get me a copy of the country tune his father sings, "Bud the Spud" one of my favourite tunes. It is about trucking potatoes from Prince Edward Island across Canada.

I guess there will be other little surprises now that I am not living alone.

1 Comments:

At 2:54 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I think its great you have someone around the house. It makes it less lonely even if you don't see them most of the time. Enjoy your spring weather when it gets there. Its 85 today and going to rain tonight and bring in a north easterner. A short nip of winter to remind us to appreciate spring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home