DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Wood and More Wood

With the mild weather there is an opportunity to get more wood to be piled in the basement.
With two wood burning stove you can never have enough wood.

This pile includes poplar, birch, maple and red oak. This lot cut, split and piled in the basement should do it for this Winter.

Soon it will be time to start cutting it for next Winter. This chore I like to think of as the "Zen of Wood". It is a physical task one can do to whatever level of pain one can tolerate. It is ongoing.
I do this task in the spirit of the Christian Mystic, Evelyn Underhill, "work is a form of prayer." Amen!. . . . .Pray I don't injure myself.




Wood and More Wood

2 Comments:

At 4:48 p.m., Blogger J C said...

Now that's a LOTTA wood, Mr. Pebbles. I hope you don't get what they are having in Denver, or this may not be enuff! Personally, I kind of like going to the hall and switching on the thermostat. I don't think I could cut all this wood. Take care.

 
At 6:36 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Have a peaceful Christmas Philip. Good thoughts going out for your holiday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home