DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Saturday, November 09, 2013

First Snow

It seem this morning we had the  first snowfall start which might actually accumulate on the ground.

Just in time I finished moving my firewood into the basement.

(click on photo to enlarge)



The firewood fills one quarter of  the basement.



My homemade wood furnace.



My beloved L'lslet  cookstove. which will get a good cleaning, chrome polishing and blacking before I  regularly use it.





It is currently snowing.  There is a flock of Canada geese in the snowy first just behind the trees.

5 Comments:

At 10:24 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Just in the nick of time, eh? Happy cocooning.

 
At 1:03 p.m., Blogger possum said...

Just as we got our first killing frost. I managed to keep the tomatoes under plastic... I must go check on them.
Beautiful snow... even more beautiful is your old stove! How I miss mine!

Congrats on getting all your wood moved. Does this mean you won't be running out on your porch in your underwear this year to grab a stick or two to get the fire going in the morning?

 
At 4:22 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

I LOVE the stove, Philip. It reminds me of the one my grandparents had in their Vermont home. As I recall it gave off a wonderful heat too. Very cozy.

 
At 9:57 p.m., Blogger John and Carol said...

Snow is beautiful and we enjoyed it for years. But today I prefer Arizona. We walked in 75 degree weather at 7 pm tonight.

 
At 3:11 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Some people find my quite daft, but I do love snow. And that is one of the regrets of living where we do--too little snow, especially now that the effects of global climate change are altering our long weather patterns.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home