DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Ever Present Cats

My small pride of cats are ever present.  The all seem to be close by wherever I am, at the computer, sitting in the library listening to the baseball game or in the kitchen (at the ready it I do anything that suggests food.)

Cats unlike dogs are their own person.  I am content to let them just be cats so I do no name them or do I force affection on them.  They seek me out or the don't.  While I have great affection for them, it is not the same as for my Great Dane, Heidi.

In the country, cats that are free to come and go outside tend to have a short life. There are many predators in the wild kingdom.




My three kittens on the shelf beside my computer.  It is a quiet vigil.




"Mother Cat" the only one with anykind of name is usually quite aloof. Recently, she has moved to be very close to me and taken to lying so that it is hard to use the keyboard or my mouse which I usually use on the left hand side.  She is pregnant, which explains her neediness. I am tempted to give her some effleurage massage on her belly. I have prepared a nesting box for her, which I hope she will use.




One cat prefers to curl up on my right arm.  While it makes computing difficult, I try to be partient and let her decide when she want to leave. If Heidi thinks it has been long enough, she will come and try to put her face in my arms. I am in no hurry. Life at my age is fast enough without my efforts.

6 Comments:

At 3:24 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Yes! massage is very good during pregnancy. It gives relaxation and makes able for more stretchable.


Regards,
Pregnancy Massage Kelowna

 
At 9:29 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Cats are cool. And your beard is long since I saw it.

 
At 7:13 p.m., Blogger troutbirder said...

Time to smell the roses. Our cat is now eighteen and still likes to play but mostly sleeps...:)

 
At 8:12 p.m., Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

My mother cat had kittens last night. Four are orange and one is black stripped like the mother.

 
At 5:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stopping by to wish you Happy Canada Day . . a day late. GG

 
At 7:43 a.m., Blogger possum said...

Awww, they are precious.
Enjoy the babies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home