DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Baking on a Cool and Damp Day

I am not often inspired to do much on a cool and damp day.  I am still cutting up my porch roof that the Winter snow load tore off making firewood out of it. It may heat me for a couple of weeks this Fall. I am nearly done but today I put off that effort do to the weather. I can hear some thunder now so I guess it will rain.




Over looking my computer is one of my cats. She is the one that seem most closely bonded to me. When she isn't on her favourite shelf beside me, she can be found curled up in the crook of my arm as I watch TV or try to read.  At night she is the one to first climb up on me in order to sleep on top. I guess she knows it is not a good day to go outside.

Today, I get inspired to do a little baking. I do not do much of that these days. What is the point in a household of one.





These are some tea biscuit with raisin in them. The jar is my window sill ice tea I like to have available when I do not feel like coffee.





These are plain tea biscuits. It took me a while to realize that in the Southern US they just call these biscuits as in "gravy and biscuits".  In the UK biscuits are what we call cookies.  I made some oat meal cookies a couple of days ago as a little comfort food for me.





Here is one of the loafs of bread I baked earlier.




This is a Scottish Scone  A wedge of it with butter is lovely warm, with a cup of tea.

There is lots to nibble on tonight as I listen to the baseball game, Toronto Blue Jays vs the Chicago White Socks.  

6 Comments:

At 9:02 p.m., Blogger John and Carol said...

Lots of yummy lookinag food! A good way to spend a cool, rainy day.

Wish you could send some of that rain and damp to Colorado to help with our fires.

 
At 10:14 p.m., Blogger Caddie said...

Your food goodies cause me to salivate. Regrettably, I am past the stage being able to do baking. Sourdough was one of my favorites.

 
At 12:03 a.m., Blogger Cathy said...

Hello Philip
I haven't dropped in on you for a while - still glance at your posts in my reader tho yet haven't commented for ages.
Dh's aunt in Nova Scotia put us right by explaining the difference in the Canadian 'biscuits' and those in England and Australia.
Take care
Cathy
ps I moved house a year ago - this is the link o my new home

Cathy @ Still Waters


 
At 11:28 a.m., Blogger Ien in the Kootenays said...

Looks delicious, and you must have great self control. I am a carboholic. If stuff like that is around I eat it, so self control gets exercised by not bringing it into the house or baking it to start with. But I hear you on the pleasures of cooking on a dark day. In my case, the favorite day to do that is Sunday, accompanied by CBC radio. Happy summer!

 
At 12:29 p.m., Blogger possum said...

Oh MY! If we lived closer, I would be knocking at your door for some tea and cookies with you!

 
At 10:00 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What a guy you are! You bake like nobody's business.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home