DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Monday, May 06, 2013


Memories

Like so many  of my generation my photographic memory is locked away on slides in slide trays. For a couple of years now  I have been wanting to scan them into my computer to have better access to them. I have tried a couple of slide scanner. It turned out I did not have enough capacity in my computer to operate the software.  My son finally showed up with a discarded laptop from his school. It worked. I now an trying to master the scanning program.It is taking me a while. So is typing on this keyboard.  Life can never be easy.

Below is my first attempt..I suspect a lot of the slides will have colour problems. I will try to have a program improve the colours.




Me and Shaun

I was  about 17 back then and Shaun was 16.  It was a great love, I was caught learning in this  photo.
I think we were off to a dance on this occasion. I must admit we were a good looking couple.

I hope I can master this scanning program. I have a couple of wonderful picture of my second greatest love, my canoe, which I would love to have in my computer. I suspect I will be unlocking many memories in the process.


6 Comments:

At 7:55 p.m., Blogger John and Carol said...

I am scanning our old, pre-digital photos into our computer--only the good ones. Want to finish before they fade from view.

 
At 6:57 a.m., Blogger possum said...

OH MY! Aren't you the handsome lad!

I bought a slide scanner a year ago - it is still in the box.
TIME! where does it go?

 
At 7:48 p.m., Blogger troutbirder said...

I've done this to thousands of Ektachrome slides in the last year with a machine a friend bougth cheap at a gargage sale. It's amazing how most have turned out very well with only a few with serious fading of color..... The earliest ones were from Expo in Montreal. :)

 
At 12:37 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Sounds like a good winter project. Well ... also a good blackfly season. :)

 
At 12:01 a.m., Blogger Ien in the Kootenays said...

The love shines from your eyes even in this old faded picture, beautiful! I have the same problem. Not necessarily slides, just pre-digital pictures, including the kids' childhood. I got a 3-in-one, a few years ago, and have never been able to get the laptop and the scanner to acknowledge each others' existence. I have not tried very hard, and right now it is May, so look again in November.

 
At 3:57 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

I could have sworn I left a comment--oh well.
Yes, you are handsome--and it's clear you are paying no attention to the camera at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home