DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Winter's Last Gasp, I hope!

After a Winter of little snow and mild temperatures (those relative terms),
one sees the first of March as surely the doorstep to the end of Winter.
We got away with something, . . . . didn't we? No! Winter has one more teasing snowfall.
This is the tail end of the dreadful tornado infected storms in the US midwest. I have no reason to complain about a little gentle snow, lower temperatures and some wind to drift the snow.

(click on photo to enlarge)

















I had a nice path cleared to the woodpile, as I was taking advantage of the warmer weather to bring in the rest of the wood, most of which I will not need until next autumn. Here it is. My wood pile and path covered in snow, the wet heavy kind that comes at the end of Winter.
















A cleared path to the road. This kind of snow is perfect for snowshoeing. That is one to the good!
















The snow bank across the road in front of the house. This is a bigger bank than we had earlier this Winter and all of Winter last year. It is similar to banks of snow that we used to get every Winter, all Winter, 20 years ago. It will be gone soon. March 15 is the date that the half load restrictions goes on the gravel roads so they will not be broken up by the large truck traffic as they thaw out.

















My house, tall and proud with its feet in the snow. I am snug inside, keeping the wood cookstove going, listening to the radio, reading, and diddling on the computer. Such is life these days.

I promise this will be the last positing to Winter scenes, this season.




Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 7:40 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Hah! I just supposedly posted my last winter photo to Flickr. We shall see.

 
At 9:54 a.m., Blogger possum said...

Funny... I just posted pics of our icy mix we got last night. It is currently raining, again, but is supposed to turn to snow before noon.
Personally, I LOVE your snow pictures. I so enjoyed snow as a child, but I am sure grateful for the mild winter we had this year, especially the heating bills!

 
At 12:55 p.m., Blogger Lindsey said...

In the southern hemisphere. The days are getting shorter and there is a noticable change in the temperature. Lets hope we have a mild winter too.

 
At 2:55 p.m., Blogger Hidden Haven Homestead said...

Having warm weather here so I am enjoying your snow photos. Didn't see a single flake this year. Maybe next winter will be unseasonably cold and snowy for a change. I absolutely loved the photos of Heidi! Give her a big hug for me. Bet she is enjoying snuggling down in your bed and watching it snow. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home