DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Finally some significant snow

How is this for a lot of snow? No this is not the road in front of my house. This is a section of the Trans Labrador highway. They get a lot of snow in the interior of Labrador. This is in a location along the highway where the snow drifts over the road. What impresses me is that this picture is in April when the road was finally opened.
















We have had three small snow storms in the last 10 day. There is about 1 1/2 feet on the ground with some drifting.. I love it with everything being white and clean looking. It is lightly snowing now when I took most of these photos.


















I just love my mukluks. They were a gift from a friend who bought them for me when he was working as a driller near the remote northern First Nations commuity of Webequie.

















My house in Winter

















Looking up the road toward the Temagami Forest Reserve

















My Ojibwe Snowshoes



My woodpile catching a drift. My shoved path has disappeared. I had begun moving some more wood into the basement.

I just looked outside and it is snowing heavily such that I cannot see my neighbour's home.
Time for another coffee by the fire. I hope wherever you are you are enjoying the Winter.

10 Comments:

At 1:16 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Is that first picture real? My goodness! I'm sure you're getting much reading done.

 
At 7:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the photos. Glad the snow has finally arrived for you.

 
At 7:20 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Thus far, snowless winter for us--much to my chagrin.
I love snow, I love winter. I am being cheated.
Pout.

 
At 8:42 p.m., Blogger John and Carol said...

Great winter here in the Rio Grande Valley. The high today was 72F.

 
At 8:09 a.m., Blogger possum said...

AH, I have been waiting for pictures of snow from you! Now that first shot is cheating a little! LOL! Nothing here... not even cold enough to freeze the camellias, and I can live with that!
Trying to catch up now that my computer is home.. Trying to find all my links that got cleaned off. sigh.
Love your little kitty, he is cute!
Love those mukluks, too!

 
At 10:04 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's some winter! I like the photo of your house. We're finally getting some snow here. I would like it better if I was sipping coffee by the fire . . . All the best to you.

 
At 11:04 a.m., Blogger Owen Gray said...

You have a lot more snow than we have, Philip. There are times, here on the shores of Lake Ontario, when the snow won't stop. But, so far this winter, we've had about 10 cm. of snow.

Winter is not what it used to be.

 
At 1:49 a.m., Blogger Hidden Haven Homestead said...

Drooling over all those beautiful snow photos!! Spring weather temps here. I so need to move north!

 
At 7:49 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

I hope you have a good supply of reading material !

 
At 11:36 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, the snow is so pretty! Looks like you are well prepared. It's been like spring here, very mild weather for January.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home