DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Life is mostly quiet around here.. . .except. .

After the excitement of Christmas and New Year' Day my life had returned to its quiet reality.


















One of my kittens wonders what I am doing at the computer


















Today we are finally having a little snowfall. Could this be Winter, at last.


















Heidi sleeps away the afternoon in her favourite spot

.

Well life is not always quiet and dull. Here is my neighbour's garage burning to the ground yesterday.
It brought out not only the local volunteer crew but also another company from the community of Field, 10 miles away.

It reminded me of my house fire that required rebuilding the attic and roof a few years ago. It is a horrible experience to go through.. My neighbour's house was spared.

Well back to my reading..

Posted by Picasa



5 Comments:

At 10:15 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Goodness--I thought life was settling back into its normal rhythm for you, until you posted the photo of your neighbor's fire.
Thanks for the photos of Heidi and your kitten--always nice to see members of your menagerie.

 
At 5:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi looks like she is curled up keeping warm. The kitten is a pretty little thing, does she/he have a name?

 
At 3:30 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

I loved the pictures of the kitten and your dog. Too bad about your neighbors barn...thank goodness it didn't get to his house or yours!

 
At 10:29 a.m., Blogger Owen Gray said...

Hopefully, things will remain quiet for awhile. It sounds like you and your neighbour have had enough excitement to last you both for a long time, Philip.

 
At 9:39 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The last photo is a sobering sight, but the first one is just plain cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home