DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Belated Christmas Gifts

Parker showed a couple of days ago with my Christmas gifts from him and his kids. We were not together for Christmas.While I spend Christmas and New Year's in Mississauga, Parker and his kids went snowboarding at Collingwood's Blue Mountains. Afterwords, he and his wife Sandra went to Las Vegas, which they enjoy. . . . I just do not understand the fascination for that place. I have places I would like to go that hold no interest for anyone else! Everyone to his own.



Well here are my gifts. I now have a pair of lovely leather "go to town" gloves. I also got a tin of chocolates and a tin of Belgium cookies, many with chocolate icing. I quickly eat them all.


The tin of coffee is the wonderful brand served at Tim Horton's, our national institution of a coffee donut shop (it also sells some sandwiches and soup now). It's reason for being is the coffee. It is the Canadian equivalent of Dunkin Donuts, but much better (a Canadian opinion).


I also got two more books to read. I just love books of how to do homesteading kinds of things which is what the "Country Wisdom Almanac" book is all about. The other book, "Inside of a Dog: What dogs See, Smell and Know" is a examination and an appreciation of the mind of dogs by a scholar on the subject, Alexandra Horowitz. I have so wanted to read this book. I purchased it last summer to give to Jenny my dog sitter as a gift for taking care of Heidi. I read part of it before I gave it to her and asked her to loan it to me when she finished it so I could finish it. Now I have my own copy. Yippee! I thought the hound dog on the front look like Heidi, my Great Dane.


Well I can now put Christmas behind me for another year.


Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 2:00 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I hope you have more books than that available to get you thru another few months of winter.

 
At 8:02 p.m., Blogger Loretta said...

Now you got me wanting Cookies and Coffee! The books sure look interesting.

 
At 8:31 p.m., Blogger John and Carol said...

You really know how to stretch out Christmas, don't you? We used to say our younger son stretched his birthday out for a week. You did Christmas for almost a month. Good deal.

 
At 10:00 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

So nice that you had a wonderful Christmas away with lovely friends and family. I loved the photos of Heide and your cute kitten! What a pretty face! Sad about your neighbor's garage burning down.

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. I'm going to try and do better. So many have gone to Facebook and that's just not the same as blogging at all.

So nice that you enjoy reading. This is certainly a good time of the year for reading when it's cold and nicer to be inside rather than out! I visited a Tim Horton's in Columbus, Ohio when we were there a few years ago. First time I had seen one. It was right beside our hotel. They served soup in the bread bowl and it was very enjoyable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home