DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Wedding





















William Kate picture
i keep seeing
diana

John Tiong Chungkhoo


Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments; love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O, no, it is an ever-fixèd mark,
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wand'ring bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his heighth be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

Shakespeare, Sonnet 116


I am thinking of my sister, Penny, these days. Last weekend she flew off to London (after casting her vote in an advanced poll) to be present at the wedding of Prince William and Katherine Middleton.

She has been looking forward to going. As soon as she heard the announcement of their marriage she knew she had to go and be there. By the time I had talked to her about the upcoming nuptuals she already had a plane reservation.

At the time I commented to her, how much mother would have loved to have gone to such an occasion. (She being an admirer of the Royal Family). Penny had thought the same thing. Our mother had died many years ago when she was only 61.

Just before my sister left she sent me this email:

" Happy Easter, Phil. The election is certainly making me anxious. Part of me is sorry I will miss all the details of election night. I love all the political analysis that tries to explain what happened. I'm leaving tomorrow night. I feel mom is travelling with me. " (We share in interest in the federal election and a dislike of the Conservative government)

I replied,

"Bon Voyage to both of you. I am sure you will always be telling yourself how much mother would have loved this."

In response.

"For sure"

It seems my sister and I are sympatico. We share an interest in history and civics and we live our lives with an ongoing influence of our mother. Her lessons have been learned.

I hope she has a memorable time. Her daughter, Elizabeth lives in London. Hopefully, Elizabeth will talks her into spending the nights at her place. Penny had said she was prepared to camp out on the street in order to get a good place to view the comings and goings of the wedding party. She is an experienced and a adventuresome traveller so I can imagine her living on the street and chatting up the others in the encampment. Still I worry a little for her at age 70 roughing it.

I look forward to her return and hearing all about her adventure and seeing some pictures she managed to take. I regret I did not go with her.


William-Kate royal wedding
i feel the joy of youth
again

John Tiong Chunghoo

5 Comments:

At 8:45 p.m., Blogger John and Carol said...

I think the whole world is watching. I look forward to hearing about your sister's experience.

 
At 10:22 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

How ironic--many people who live in London are heading out of town. Our daughter and son-in-law are heading to Iceland for the weekend.
Hope your sister gets to see something memorable (and pleasant).

 
At 8:09 a.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

As a woman in her 70's I can say, "relax, Philip, and know that your sister is having the time of her life. She will know her limitations when the time comes."

 
At 5:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your sister has a good time and comes with wonderful stories to tell. How wonderful to be 'taking' your mother with her.

 
At 2:37 p.m., Blogger Gretchen said...

WOW! I'm so excited for your sister and can't wait to hear her reports when she gets back. Did she stay at her daughter's or camp out on the streets?

I'm sure your mother was there with her, just as I'm sure Diana was standing there smiling at William and Kate. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home