DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Winter Revisited

Just when I thought Winter was over with most of the snow on the ground melted away, Winter weather returned. We may have six inches of snow before this is over. It was enough to cancel the school buses.

This week I am more than aware of missing the warm weather as my friend Lynne is off in Barbados for a rest. She went with her daughter, granddaughter and her friend, Pat, ( who went to China with her last year). It seems it was a girls only outing. I didn't qualify.

I miss our daily telephone conversations. Next week she will be home and I will hear all about her tropical vacation.

















The beginning of the snow.


















Last week, Heidi and I went to the river. There is just a little snow along the fringe of the river.
The water is now, symptomatic of our Winter drought. The light spot in the middle of the river is a large boulder we dive and swim off. Every year I try to decide it has moved. I thing it is slowly lowering into the river either by moving deeper into the channel or have the gravel beneath it washing away. I think with the river this low it should be above showing above the surface. I could be wrong.



















Whatever the weather, Heidi is more than happy to just sleep the day away. Here she has her head on the arm of her chair.

5 Comments:

At 4:08 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What a brutal day here in the capital region!

 
At 4:46 p.m., Blogger Hidden Haven Homestead said...

I would gladly trade this 90F heat and humid day for your snow one. Wish I could be a southern girl in snow country. LOL Just love Heidi's photo of her napping!!!

 
At 8:38 a.m., Blogger possum said...

I saw that snow coming in on the radar. I couldn't believe it. It was 80 here! WOW! A snow day!
get your last snow man of the season made while you have a chance! Or a snow dog! That would be cute!

 
At 10:15 a.m., Blogger amelia said...

I know we usually have snow in April but this was ridiculous!!! Our dogs were doing just what Heidi is doing!
I think I might post some pics as well.

 
At 3:57 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

I could have sworn I left a comment--I note that sometimes a nap with a good dog is the best tonic in the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home