DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, April 02, 2010

Just an Update


I feel I must apologize for not posting on my blog for a while. I have been resistant for some reason even though I always have things buzzing around in my head I might like to write about.

I was away in Mississauga for a week celebrating a birthday with a friend and her family. Since I have gotten back I find myself unmotivated. It may be the nice weather, which is a distraction or more likely it is dealing with the stressful situation between my friend and tenant, June, which will be resolved today when I give her an eviction notice. I expect that will increase the stress until she finally moves out. At least, I will see an end to a situation which is not good for either of us. Sadly, I suspect it will end our friendship of 20 years.

Those who have been interested in my brother and sister in law's trek of the Appalachian Trail might like to know that they are now in the southwest corner of North Carolina , enjoying themselves. They have had some challenging weather and at one point in the Smokey Mountains the trail had about a foot of snow on it. Hard to imagine with our mild winter here and currently summer like temperatures, two months early.

There is a tradition among those on the trail to eventually give each other a Trail name. Richard and Carol are now known as "The Canadian Geese" (Goose and Gander) Apparently, they earned this because they are Canadians treking north and the Spring and Canadian Geese mate for life. How nice is that!

Those who might like to read some of their journal you can find it here. http://www.trailjournals.com/richardandcarol/ You can read it from the beginning or click to the "last" entry and go back a few entries and read about their recent days. They can only post when they are near a town and can access a computer in a library.

I am trying write something more extensive but I decided to post these brief remarks to show that I am still here, and I will try to get a further blog entries done.

10 Comments:

At 1:06 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

Hi Philip
Sorry to here at just how bad things have become with June.... it must be so hard for you. I can imagine the strain in must be, and the atmosphere around what is YOUR home. Something very similar happened with my brother a few years back now... the stress it caused made him ill. I do hope it gets resolved soon..

I have yet to visit your brother and sister in laws journal but will do.
All the best to you Philip... I do hope your spirits are lifted soon.

 
At 5:21 p.m., Blogger Putz said...

hi phil, i am exactly your age and one year behind sissy, and you are 100% RIGHT, THERE IS a killing frost coming up and i have been caught by most of them because i can't wait and i always plant my garden too EARLY EVERY YESAR, I HAVE HAD BEAUTIFUL TOMATOE PLANTS GEt black and then shirivel up, i have had corn not mature and then turn, i have had potatoes not do my bidding, and i have been told how to do it, but i don't listen>>>>one year i planted all my crops in a circle just to see, and everything in the middle didn't mature{did not get the sun} and die>>>>67 and i still can't be told anything>>>thanks for listening>>>i am the putz and press my icon to see my idiocy

 
At 5:21 p.m., Blogger Putz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:28 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I certainly go through periods when I am an unmotivated blogger. The muse comes and goes.

 
At 11:42 a.m., Blogger Loretta said...

I'm sorry about the stress with June. Twenty years is a long time to be friends,but you deserve to live stress free in your own home. I hope she finds a good place to live. Glad you're having beautiful weather...we are too. Happy Easter!

 
At 6:48 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

Young friends of mine just spent the last 5 days on the Appalachian Trail. Your folks have to be commended at their age.
Good to have you back blogging.

 
At 8:41 a.m., Blogger possum said...

Glad to see a post from you tho I am sorry about the contents. It is so hard to have to do these things, but it happens. Some of us are strong enough to do what needs to be done... the rest of us are doormats.
I just figured it was the busy-ness from this time of year.

 
At 12:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about you woes. too bad it has to end that way, but I know you are doing what you ahve to do. Thanks for the AT update and link. I've been wondering how they are doing.

 
At 4:04 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Philip--hope all is going well.
Posting from Paris--it is 10 p.m. at night now (4 p.m. in Ontario).
Take care, friend.

 
At 5:28 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

So sorry that it's come to this but I guess there's no other way. Do you know where she can go? Are there any other relatives around here? I know there's a long, long waiting list for Au Château but maybe if she has nowhere else to go then they might take her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home