DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Saturday, November 07, 2009

JUST THE TWO OF US

I imagine every parent has some special momento from when their child was young, below is mine.

(click on image to enlarge)


"Daddy and Me"
This is a drawing my son made when he was in nursery school. I remember him bringing it home and giving it to me, obviously excited to please me. And, I was pleased.
I am the one with the beard. (He has never known me otherwise) The little one is looking up at me with pride as if to say, he's my dad. Who could not cherish this gift.
Apparently, he drew it and the teacher asked him who it was. "Daddy and me" ! The teacher then wrote that on the picture. It is in such a damaged condition because one day my son tried to ripe it up when he was mad at me one day. I was not going to part with it. I have kept it all these years (36).
They were good years, actually the best years of my life, because he and I were a small but close family. The pain of divorce has faded over the years but the delight of being the parent of a little fellow remains fresh in a special place in my memory.
Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

At 10:52 p.m., Blogger @JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

That is a precious picture, Phillip. I, too, have such cherished momentos from being a single parent. You should have it framed!

 
At 11:09 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Philip--this is very sweet. You are a sentimental guy.
Yes, I have such mementos--in fact, several folders and one box full.
It is wonderful how small children touch our hearts.

 
At 8:03 a.m., Blogger J C said...

This is beautiful Philip. Your heart is showing! xoxoxo

 
At 8:12 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

A nice post on a Sunday morning.

 
At 9:09 a.m., Anonymous daffy said...

Lovely! He got your beard nigh on perfect! I knew it was you!
Just lovely! have a cute little shopping list I made for my mum witha pic of her wearing big earings and with high shoes on! Cute.

 
At 4:59 p.m., Blogger Loretta said...

I have pages of drawings, ash trays, and all kinds of stuff from both kids. Just the other day I was looking at some of it and wondering what in the world to do with it. Something that means the world to me doesn't interest them at all. I guess when I'm gone it will all be throwed out. Sad to think of, but that's life I reckon!

 
At 10:03 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Ah, what a precious memory for you! How neat that you have kept it all these years!!

 
At 3:29 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

Awwww that's so sweet! You are right I have stuff from my kids youth, I think most parents keep things.
Now I'm keeping grandchildrens bits and pieces!!

 
At 5:15 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

You've aged wel my friend :O)
I to think this is a treasure... and to look upon it is a pleasure Philip. :O)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home