DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Simple Pleasure . . . Sunday Breakfast



One of the things I enjoy about this time of year, when there is a definite chill in the air, both inside and outside my house, is cooking on my wood burning cookstove. The smell of the food, the warmth of the stove and the aroma and sound of wood burning, all add to the enjoyment.

Somehow the food tastes better.




















Breakfast well underway: fried onions, pea-mealed bacon and eggs

























Necessity being the mother of invention I made the toast on the top of the stove. My woodstove

toaster being over at the cabin.



















Voila! the breakfast meal with coffee and unsqueezed orange juice. A meal worthy of this country gentleman on a quiet Sunday morning listening to some intelligent discussion on the CBC.


It would be nice to share this meal with a friend. . . . so if you are near by on a Sunday morning, drop around. Until then, I am content with my thoughts, my gal dog, Heidi and several cats. I can do this every morning but for some reason Sunday it feels the best.



8 Comments:

At 3:39 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

I would love to be able to break bread with you and chat... but would I want to leave after food such as this.. I nipped over to the link about your bacon... it sounds great... Not many folks eat a breakfast like this knowing the work to come will see it off.

Thanks for the Winny The Poo history.. I have left a reply over at my place.. but bacically it said that our house isfull of books, dvds, and soft toy all to do with Poo Bear... but the kids are not allowed near as they are Janes.. ha!.. She loves sharing them all really.. I have updated my post and you will be happy to know I'm still in Early Bank woods. When you get time pop back as it is to do with tree burls.

 
At 4:17 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I am so jealous! If I lived close enough I would be knocking on your door every Sunday morning for some of that yummy breakfast!

 
At 9:13 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Hmmmm--Sunday breakfast looks tempting indeed.
Well, here's hoping you enjoyed it, and that Heidi didn't get too much of it.

 
At 10:23 p.m., Blogger Mary said...

Philip, Your breakfast looks delicious. When my toaster breaks down, I toast bread on a fork over the electric burner, but it does taste so much better made on a wood stove. Enjoy!

 
At 9:26 a.m., Anonymous daffy said...

hmmmmmmmmm *licks lips*
Loverly!
If only I could get over I'd be shoving that big dog out the way! :o)
Hope you enjoyed it!
(I can smell the onions! Really I can!)

 
At 10:41 p.m., Blogger @JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Sounds wonderful, Phillip! I eat our version of Canadian Bacon regularly and like it, so this sounds like it would be extra special!

Wish we could just continent hop from one end to another to sit for a spell and enjoy the company.

 
At 7:52 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

It looks delicious! Bearing in mind that I eat neither eggs or bacon but those onions!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! I'm drooling just thinking about them!

My favourite breakfast is toast with home fries and fried onions!! Not a lot of protein but it's sooooo good!

 
At 12:06 p.m., Blogger tjf said...

I love reading your blog whenever i have the time. I am amazed on how a person able to write such truthful facts with a dash of humour....Hi5 to you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home