DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sharing a Bed with a Long Legged Dane

(I know they are really a German breed, bred to hunt wild boar; but, Dane sounds so much more elegant)

This is what happens when you share your bed with a Great Dane.

(Click on photos to enlarge)



















Heidi looks around before she settles on my pillow.


















Moments later she is either asleep or faking sleep.

She has left me about 18 inches of bed to lie on once I have eased her long legs back a bit.
Sometimes I just give up and I curl up at the foot of the bed.

I get in and fall off to sleep with her warm snout on my neck.





In the morning, after I have gotten up at five o'clock and taken her outside, in the cold and dark of night, she rushes upstairs before I get some coffee made and is back hogging the pillow.
She likes to sleep in late now, until about 9:00 AM.

I get to fiddle with the computer and enjoy my coffee, wishing I had had a little more sleep. Thanks goodness for afternoon naps.
(She enjoys those, also.)

Heidi makes be laugh with her antics. She thinks she is a wee lap dog and tries really hard to be gentle and not take up every space she inhabits. (Someday I will get a picture of her sitting on my knee with both her front feet on the floor.) She is one of life's simple joys for me. I don't mind sharing my life and space with her.

10 Comments:

At 7:49 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What a joy she must be.

Me? A tiny cat on the bed bothers my sleep. :)

 
At 7:56 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I just thought I was crowded with Rusty and Troubles in the bed. LOL Sweet Heidi.. I just love her!

 
At 8:38 a.m., Blogger possum said...

Ah, how sweet. What is it with these critters? I have a cat that has to sleep ON my head, or at least on my pillow as close as possible. When I sit in my chair, he gets on the back, again partly on my head.
I am thinking you should invest in a King sized bed - or at least a Queen - for Queen Heidi! LOL!

 
At 11:45 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

I am still laughing ! compared to even 5 cats little Heidi takes a lot of space and she looks soooo cute !

 
At 4:13 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

What a joy that must be.... but you must be a good sleeper... I'm sure I'd be awake all night.. ha!..
Thank you for the links and the comments today... I was pleased you spent the time you did writing to me... you have become a very good blog buddy since I first dropped by here.
Tom

 
At 6:03 p.m., Blogger Caddie said...

What a Big Girl! She's beautiful, Phillip. She is still in need of a warm coat though, don't we all know. No volunteer knitters yet.
I've this week found out Choco emphatically does not like being chilly but who does? I need a new warm coat too.

 
At 11:13 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

My goodness--she looks like she is all legs and paws.
Interesting that you don't bother her.
Our dog jumps up on the bed, but leaves at the first move I make.

 
At 11:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day, I am visiting from Peggy's blog. Heidi is so sweet! I have an older mini dachshund (no legs) and even she's a bed hog! What a really cute and enjoyable post. Thanks for the smiles! Mildred's Menagerie

 
At 7:48 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

Heidi is beautiful!! She looks so comfortable and peaceful!

We sleep with our runt Rottie on the bed. We used to sleep with eight cats years ago and they are like little sandbags on the bed. You can put your foot under them but they won't move!!

 
At 1:23 p.m., Blogger Loretta said...

How sweet!! You are both so lucky to have found each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home