DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Robbie Burns Day

Particularly, to the McArthur Clan within my family. I trust you are all wearing your kilts.










Americans may have their Irish but Canada has it's Scots dating back to the beginning for they Highland Scots often were the Hudson Bay Company managers. To this day many native Canadians have Scottish names and among the Hudson Bay Lowland Cree the fiddles still play Scottish tunes.
























Robbie Burns, Beloved Scottish Poet























It seems on this day everyone is Scottish. Navdeep Singh Bain, member of parliament for where I grew up joins fellow Parliamentarian, Peter Milligen, in the spirit of the day.


















The humble but noble haggis. Looks like a giant cooked slug to me.

(click on photo to enlarge)

















A sentiment Burns poem, the favourite of all florists.!

7 Comments:

At 4:31 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

Your Haggis picture dose indeed look like a slug... ha!... I eat haggis 3 4 times a year and enjoy very much.... plenty of salt and pepper for me. It can be a bit dry but is perfect to have before a good drinking session, ;o)

Tom

 
At 5:36 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

I had heard of haggis but never had a clue as to what it was! I think I'll pass!! LOL

 
At 6:10 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

When we visited Scotland several years ago, I made sure to try haggis--I thought it quite tasty.
But I did not say the appropriate prayer:
Fair full your honest, jolly face,
Great chieftain of the sausage race!
Above them all you take your place,
Stomach, tripe, or intestines:
Well are you worthy of a grace
As long as my arm.

 
At 9:20 p.m., Blogger amelia said...

That looks so revolting!! Even if I wasn't vegetarian it would still look revolting! It does indeed look like a giant slug...

 
At 3:35 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

I agree with you (and your commentors) about the haggis. Ugh.
Thanks for pointing out the hospice article on my blog.

 
At 7:11 a.m., Blogger possum said...

Haggis... another reason to be a vegetarian...
Kilts... Personally, I love 'em! I think men look especially sexy in kilts!
I have just censored the rest of my comments!
But I will say I do love Bobby Burns!

 
At 12:19 p.m., Blogger Janet said...

My Mom had haggis in Scotland. She said it was OK if you didn't think about what it was made out of. I'll take her word for it.
The Mountain Man is Scotch on both sides. One of the tartans is quite pretty, the other is not so much. We considered having him wear a kilt at the wedding until I found out how much it would cost, even if I made it myself. It takes something like 8 yards of fabric.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home