DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

A New Companion

I am off today to look for a new dog to help fill the void in my Life from the death of my wonderful companion, Gage.

It is a 2 1/2 hour drive to Port Severn so my 10 year grandson, Dylan, is going to accompany me. This is a special treat. Dylan aspires to be a veternarian. I thought he would enjoy seeing the breeder's home in which she has 10 adult Great Danes, and a recent litter of 10 pups.























This fawn coloured purebred Great Dane is the dog I am going to meet. Short of her biting me on first sight I will be bringing her home with me. I trust she will win my heart immediately and find me acceptable. Arranged relationships can work, you know!

I had decided I wanted a Great Dane but they are very expensive, as I found out prowling the Internet. This is the first dog I will have ever bought. It is also the first purebed dog I have ever considered having.

This dog had previously been sold and the breeder bought her back from an owner who was not feeding it sufficiently. It is nearly 3 years old and needs a loving home where it can get lots of attention. As it did not fit into the breeder's breeding program she is willing to sell it at a very modest price to the right person and home situation. I hope to be the one.

As they say, "News, at eleven." And a few pictures.

8 Comments:

At 8:03 a.m., Blogger possum said...

Oh I do hope this is a good match for you! I haven't had a dog for YEARS. Just could not stand losing another one. Not that I don't love my cats... but it's that doggy devotion that tears the heart apart as you well know.
Can't wait to see the pics!
PS - your garden looks great!

 
At 9:44 a.m., Blogger Julie said...

I'm sure the journey was just as wonderful as the destination... can't wait to hear about it and see the pictures...

 
At 12:58 p.m., Blogger sandegaye said...

Me too! Post lots of pics..

 
At 6:28 p.m., Blogger Gretchen said...

I have my fingers crossed for you!!!

We had to take back a pure bred Golden Retriever pup we had sold because he wasn't being cared for well. We ended up giving him away to a very good home where he's surrounded by kids and lots of love.

 
At 10:59 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

I sincerely hope it will work for both of you ! she needs a loving person who feeds her well (and maybe the runt's company) and you need a friendly dog. Danes are enormous they always seem like little horses to me !

 
At 12:28 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I think I'd have a talk with that gun happy neighbour and tell him "If my dog goes missing, you'd better run for the hills."

 
At 5:14 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes reading backwards has it's benefits! I've already 'met' her and she is simply lovely!

 
At 11:01 p.m., Blogger Tom said...

Excellent. I just dropped by to say thanks for your comment today and a quick look around theposting I missed... I need to get back here tomorrow now and read more about this stunning dog.. it's late now.. 04.00 in the morning and sleep is needed.. I'll be back to spend more time later.. great news this :O)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home