DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, August 08, 2008

Happy Birthday, Parker


Today is my son Parker's birthday. He is 39 years old. Could this be the last year of his youth?

It was so nice of them to stage the Olympics in honour of his day. Sports buff that he is I imagine he will be watching a lot of it this coming week.

Parker is married to his high school girl friend, Sandra and they have three lovely children, Dylan, Olivia and Travis. (10,9,8)

After five years in the United States living near his mother, they returned home where he has become a teacher in the local high school. They are living the middle class town life I have tried to get away from. It seems we have less influence on our children that we think. Parker seems happy and successful which make me satisfied and proud of him and of myself for my efforts at parenting seem to have paid off.























Parker at this past Spring's Family Reunion



















He was a big baby at 10 pounds, 2 oz. So he never was a wee lad you had to be so careful in handling. His mother delivered him in just a few hours. She could have been a breeder but in the end she had no more children. It was an exciting day for us and our small circle of friends in Boston.




Parker was a regular tow head, like myself, when he was young. I like this picture not only because he is so darn cute, the other love in my life, my canoe, is also in the picture. This was when we lived on Long Island Sound in East Haven, Connecticut.
Parker's mother moved on to another life, which didn't include us, when Parker was 2 1/2. So over the years it was just him and me. He became the sole reason for my life and I regret none of it.
Thanks you the years of joy you have brought me, Parker. Enjoy this year for the next one is the big 40!
Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

At 6:19 p.m., Blogger MamaHen said...

Oh, he's gonna get you for showing his little naked butt to the whole world! LOL!! Seriously, he seems like a very fine young man.

 
At 7:45 p.m., Blogger Gretchen said...

Happy birthday, Parker! Hope he has many, many more!

 
At 10:30 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I think the boy was lucky to have you and visa versa.

 
At 10:52 p.m., Blogger Janet said...

Ah, another little nudist!! I'm glad I don't have the only one. Presumably they get over it.
I'll echo AC and say I think he is very lucky she left him with you rather than taking him with her.

 
At 6:15 p.m., Blogger Synchronicity said...

awww...happy birthday to your son!

 
At 1:26 a.m., Blogger Loretta said...

Happy Late Birthday Parker! What a cute little boy, and a nice looking man. You did good!!

 
At 2:53 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated birthday greeting Parker! (Love that name) I'm 39 today! :o) (Approaching 40 very quickly!) I hope no one posts any naked butt pics of me... there may be some out there! *winks*

 
At 9:57 a.m., Blogger sandegaye said...

What a great tribute to your son..

 
At 10:32 a.m., Blogger amelia said...

I love the nudie pic and have a few of my own son that I've embarrassed him with over the years! Lovely tribute to your son...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home