DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Heidi Discovers. . . .



















. . .the littlest dog in the house, a distant relative. The sublime meets the ridiculous!

















. . .the couch is good to fold up on.


















. . . the river as a place for adventure. She is learning to swim.























. . . . a silly look while sitting will get her a treat.

12 Comments:

At 10:29 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Your photos help demonstrate something I read once--that among dogs you can find the greatest size variance of any animal species. From Great Dane to chihuahua (or whatever)--the biggest size variation!

 
At 12:26 a.m., Blogger Janet said...

In our house, it's the little dogs that rules the two bigger ones. Heidi looks like she's settling in well!

 
At 3:12 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have loved to have seen the look on Heidis' face when she saw that little dot.
She vertainly looks as though she is settling in just fine.

 
At 4:13 a.m., Blogger Juli said...

She's beautiful ! I've always loved Danes :)

 
At 9:00 a.m., Blogger amelia said...

She is really lovely. I hope you have better luck with her that the others.

How will you stop your neighbour from shooting her?

 
At 11:28 a.m., Blogger Gretchen said...

Glad to see she's settling in and enjoying her new life.

 
At 11:57 a.m., Blogger Gattina said...

She looks so funny ! she makes me laugh ! How could you resist these eyes ! I think you both found each other, lol !

 
At 2:51 p.m., Blogger Synchronicity said...

very sweet doggy! thanks for sharing!

 
At 9:50 a.m., Blogger Tom said...

Ha! You can keep these coming for me Philip... she's a beauty.. I was showing the pictures to Jane last night and she instantly fell in love with Heidi... as you know she also fell in love with your shack in the woods, and the views you have.. so if she goes missing I know now where to find her.. ;o)

Thanks for commenting on my Sky Watch Grasses pictures... alas I was not lay on the ground looking up, but was at the edge of a quarry, stood on pile of scape with my head poking over the quarry edge.. somehow it just dose not sound as good as lying on your back relaxing as the clouds roll by.. the tricks a camera can play.. :O)

 
At 12:15 p.m., Blogger Loretta said...

She is beautiful and I am very glad you found each other. I have a feeling it will be like you always have had her in no time.

 
At 7:04 p.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

I've been lax in my blog reading and am so happy to have read back over your last 3 or 4 entries.
I think Heidi is a very fortunate dog and she will be a great companion. I've always thought that Great Danes are awesome dogs.

 
At 10:30 a.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Such long legs! Cute pictures of Heidi and the tiny dog. What a difference! Love the picture of the dog by the river!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home