DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

April Snowstorm

In started yesterday and is continuing this morning. . . . . .a snowstorm. Just when all the snow on the ground had melted and we were in the mud, we got this Winter weather gift from the US Midwest. I guess we should be grateful it didn't bring with it tornados, although this does happen infrequently in late summer.



















Across the road from the house. The front of the tractor is at the bottom of the picture. It may not show but it is snowing pretty well.


(My batteries in my camera are shot. I can only get them in the US for my Gateway camera. As a result I can only use my camera where i can plug into an electrical outlet. I am plugged in the cord to the block heater on the tractor.)


















Looking up the road toward my neighbour Leo's place. There has been no traffic so their are no tire tracks in the snow. I suspect they will try to save money by not plowing the road forin a day or two the snow could call be melted away.























Gage licking up a snowflake.

(I am now plugged into the oulet at the door of the chickenhouse. ) He was sitting here whinning when I called him to come to the house. "Come on, pup!" I encouraged him. He came by running far to his left first and then approached the house from there. It seems he has learned the lessons of the electic fence. I know he has had a few shocks from it. Rather than whine he needs to realize he can jump over it.











The pigs came out to eat the grain I brought them to eat. Babe, the white sow is a little standoffish, because Gage is next to me. Gage for reasons of his own torments Babe something aweful
I looked for the Runt. This morning I let him outside on the porch to eat after he spent the night sleeping on the chesterfield. He is no longer a runt. when he tries to rub up against furniture the furniture moves. He is rapidly getting so he can rearrange the furniture. I crawled under the woodstove, that is so heavy he will never be able to move it, an had a very difficult time gettting out on his own.
The Runt had found his way back to the shed through the snow. He did not come out to feed with the others but was under the shelter keeping dry and warm keeping another "runt" company. I guess he was satiated with all the feed I gave him on the porch. I suspect sometime this afternoon he will be grunting at the door to come in.
Posted by Picasa



Below is John Mahoney, the man who moved to "southern Quebec because he couldn't stand another one of those. . .cold northern Vermont Winters.". His demonstrating what keeps you young living in the snowbelt. I wonder how much he is shovelling today.


He is an American living on the Canada/US border.





John maintains a very interesting web site full of creative stuff: photos, videos, essays, rants, etc. Many the creation of John but also many submitted by a group of authors. I dare you to visit and sample some of his most interesting website. LOG CABIN CHRONICLES.







8 Comments:

At 2:06 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notice from your clock you are 5 hours behind us so I will be quiet. :o).
Gage is adorable, it seems out of charcter for him to torment anything! Your runt knows he is onto a good thing. How big will you consider is too big? I have images of your chesterfield eventually just being all snout and trotters! :o)
Stay warm Philip!

 
At 9:19 a.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What a pain that camera must be! we had a trace amount of snow that melted on impact.

 
At 9:27 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

lucky you getting one last snow before spring decides to stick around. I just love reading Runt's adventures!

 
At 10:34 a.m., Blogger Gretchen said...

Seeing your snow makes the threat we're going to have it tomorrow seem more likely. Isn't it spring? Mother Nature sure is in a snit this year!

 
At 10:55 a.m., Blogger Tom said...

More Snow...
I found this post very entertaining today.. great words , pictures and music... I normally turn the sound off but I enjoyed litening today.. I'm off over to Johns Log Cabin now...

 
At 8:15 p.m., Blogger Alyssa said...

Sorry about our "gift" of snow to you. We had snow last night and everything was white this morning. Happily, it was gone before noon. I really like to hear about Gage and the pigs. The piglets look like they are doing well and don't mind the snow.
You really should get a battery charger and another set of batteries!! Then you'll never be out.

 
At 7:21 a.m., Blogger amelia said...

Can't you order batteries online from the US? It might be easier than being 'wired' all the time!!!

Our (dirt) road has been virtually impassable since the snowfall. I'm with you and think that the powers that be, are not plowing, just waiting for the melt although all of Sturgeon Falls was plowed.

 
At 4:19 a.m., Blogger Tom said...

Hi Philip
Called back to say a big thank you... for pointing me to a great place.. LOG CABIN CHRONICLES as lots to interest many sides of me... I find myself drifting back over there for a read.. the poetry section is very good..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home