DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Afghanistan, A Land of Mystery


Thanks to the American Invasion of Afghanistan I have become very interested in this ancient central Asian country, with its many ethnic communities.

























An Afghan beauty! This exquisite child fascinates me. She could be a child in my small town dressing up in play. She contrasts so much of what we think of as Afghanistan: poverty, suffering, dust, cold, fear and violence. The innocence and clarity in her face and eye fills one with joy, playfulness and hope, which young children so often bring to difficult times.





















This could be a scene from Biblical times; yet, it is Afghanistan today.

Here are a couple of collections of Afghanistan photo collections:

In the present day, My Kabul Press Gallery :: Afghanistan Today

Before the current violence which began in 1979 Luke Powell - Photographs Fine Art Landscapes Afghanistan pictures Pakistan La

3 Comments:

At 8:12 a.m., Blogger Sam said...

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday. I may not know the exact day, but the ballpark area. Was going to send you a card, but the amount you pick up your mail I figured you would see this first.

 
At 12:45 p.m., Blogger J C said...

Great post, Philip. It's too bad every country can't be like it was/is supposed to be. The world would be so much better off without all those who desire to be powerful. You might want to check out Paris Parfait's post today. It's delicious! If you haven't been there, there's a link on my sidebar. Happy Birthday???? Is there a party? I may crash it. Will you have cake? ;)

 
At 3:13 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Philip
Happy Birthday to you... sounds better typed than my singing it to you! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home