DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007


Happy Valentine's Day, Y'all


















I hope everyone had a delightful day. I am so glad my rabbits are in the basement as it is promising to be the coldest night of the year tonight -38C here and just north of here it is -42C. For those who are metric handicapped -40 is the same on both scales. Dangerously cold!


I feel badly for my pigs which are out in the cold. They do have a nest of hay to burrow into so they should be OK. If I had a pen in the basement I would bring them in the house. The cows will be OK. They create their own heat in their first stomach which is a big cooker. Their body heat is 103F. The young pigs like to lie alongside the cows.

On this day, I wish I had "my love to keep me warm". It was not to be, she flew South last fall never to return.

A seat by the fire, some interesting reading an a "nice hot cuppa tea" will have to suffice. I have learned the hard life lesson that I am not all that loveable, for reasons I do not understand. Being a kind, gentle thoughful person is not enough. I have learned to appreciate my aloneness, cherish my memories of loves lived and lost. I do manage to love a couple of people from afar who do not know it. They are wonderful people, easy to care about.

1 Comments:

At 1:49 p.m., Blogger Sam said...

You drink tea? You must have run out of coffee?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home