DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Circa 1950


















(click on picture to enlarge)

Here is a picture I recently located and really like. It is my mother with my sister, Penny, my brother Richard and myself (standing). I had a sister who died at 2 months as a SIDS baby. Joanne would have been the oldest. My mother is 33 in this picture. Penny is 9, Richard is 4 and I am 7.

As you can see we lived in a wooded "rural" area where we enjoyed nature and played in the "woods". It was a nice place to grow up.

4 Comments:

At 3:11 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I just love looking at old photos and you were a beautiful family! Your pigs look very happy. I did a double take at first seeing Ben. LOL Like you I enjoy my conversations with all the animals. They are more intelligent than some people!

 
At 8:30 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

What a wonderful picture!! You all look very happy. I have so few pictures from when I was young.

I enjoyed the pig picture and Ben is cute too!

 
At 6:46 p.m., Blogger J C said...

Nice picture Philip. I love old photos. You were certainly a little cutie. I too, have a sister named Penny.

 
At 8:48 a.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Philip, yes I knew it was her last movie but only because I read the credits at the end. I watched Water last weekend and was so moved by it so am glad its up for a award! I didn't realize it was a Canadian film though. Guess I didn't read the credits at the end of that one for some reason. I am trying to watch more of the really great made movies and there are alot out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home