DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Monday, October 16, 2006

I'M Back

I have been on a blogging hiatis. I have not published anything on my blog for three weeks.

There are three reasons.

1. I foolishly switched to the beta blogger believing the comment from blogger that eventually everyone will. Why not jump into the beginning of the line! Well I found out soon enough. "Beta" means it is a work in progress. It does not yet work properly. I discovered I cannot "Blog This" directly from my picasa photo program. I also discovered I cannot comment on other blogs or have them comment on mine unless they too have switched to beta blogger. The clincher is that once you have crossed over you cannot return. I cannot go back to the originally blogger.

Yes, there are assurances that the glitches will be resolved but it has been three weeks of being annoyed and nothing sees resolved. Makes me want to spit.

2. I have been trying to figure out what form my blog should take. What started out as a largely social, political and religious comment blog transformed itself into a personal blog of what I have been up to on my farm. It became a largely picture blog after I got access to a digital camera and my personal life got focused with the fair Floridian joining me in a homesteading adventure. Well she left and I carried on with somewhat less enthusiasm for I had done the homesteading thing(subsistence farming more accurately) once before largely alone while I raised Parker and a handful for neighbourhood children and foster children. Well, Miss "V" is back. More on that later.

3. I am so frustrated by a desire to comment on so much going on in the World, that i don't seem to be able to get going at it. I am reluctant to inflict my thoughts on others. I find myself distressing over the disaster that has become the Great Republic on our southern border. A country which I once admired and enjoyed living in for a decade has been mutilated almost beyond recognition to becoming, along with Israel (another noble experiment gone bad) a terrorist state in the name of fighting terrorist internationally. There is so much I would like to comment on: the obscenity of a pointless war which has cost so many American and Iraqi lives to test the political theories of a cadre of neoconservatives, who are neither "new" or conservative, They are just old time fascists, (If you care to trace their roots back through the teachings of Leo Strauss you can find connections with the intellectuals behind Hitler);and, definitely not "conservatives" (I like to think of them as Liberal progressives "On steroids" with roots in the thinking of Trotsky." {see, I cannot resist commenting.)

The destruction of civil and political liberties in the US is very distressing. When Canada instituted the War Measures Act in the light of a "faux" threat of a 1000 cells of FLQ terrorist I told my American friends that the American citizens would never quietly accept the setting aside of their rights. How wrong I was. Spying on citizens, creating two classes of residents, those with constitutional protection and those without, and worst yet destroying the guarantee of Habeus Corpus. There is hardly a wimper where their should be general stikes and massive protests in the streets to rescind such draconian measures. And surely, the least that could happen is the impeachment of Bush and Cheney. I would hope someday they would be turned over to the International Criminal Court to be tried as war criminals. Not by Americans that would be too much to expect but by citizens of another country who have them arrested on a trip outside of the US.

I could go on. There is the stupid idea of a fence along the Canada US border; the out of control debt of the US that threatens the world economy, the arrest and torture of Canadian citizens, one only a child of 15 when grabbed; the live fire zones for the US Coast guard on the Great Lakes for the first time; the Bush administrations attacks on the environment. etc, etc,etc. It seems the Bush administration has gotten nothing right other than to widden the gap between the corporate elite and the rest of the citizens. Americans deserve better government BUT they also must demand better government.

These days my mood swings from despair and dismay for my American friends, family and neighbours to a feeling of "shadenfreudan", (taking delight in anothers suffering), as the wheels fall off the Bush administration "Hummer": there being a recogning just around the corner.

I still have not decided what my blog should be. I am a complex person. I enjoy my "simple life" but I just can't seem to stop cramming ideas into my head and ranting about them anquishing over them and some time literally weeping over man's inhumanity to man. I admire those who can see God's loving hand in all this when often I feel God has forsaken us all and given up on the creation experiment.

For now, I have decided to blog on, work around the problems of blogger, allow my blog to organically unfold and find a better mix between just pictures of my life here on the edge of the Temagami wilderness and my intellectual obsessions.

That's the plan for now. Stay tuned.
!

1 Comments:

At 12:08 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

I am so happy you are back to posting! Tell V hi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home