DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Can Winter Be Far Away



















The beginnings of my basement wood supply.

I only have about 1/3 of it in. Last night, Mother Nature reminded us to get going on such project. We had a killer frost. The tender plants in my garden are finished, touched by frost. Tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and squash dod not survive. I have been working on getting wood in. Thanks for the reminder, "Mother".


















Salvaging what I can from the garden.

This five baskets of cucumbers are last of this years crop.



















Plumb tomatoes I am trying to ripen indoors.


I have about 50 tomato plants that did not produce ripe fruit before the frost came. I am bringing them in the house to try to rippen them. Some I hope to rippen by hanging the whole plant in the basement. Others I will wrap in newspaper and keep in a dark place. Both these method are supposed to work. If not, I will be making a lot of things with green tomatoes.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Oh my! Frost already. I guess winter isn't that far away. It's been in the 50's here at night. I think both of your ways of doing the tomatoes will work. I hope so anyway. Good luck with them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home