DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Around the place



















Here is a view from my upstairs window across the "back" forty. Everything is still lush and verdent although a few leaves are turning colour, especially the yellow of the black ash.


No, I do not have crucifixions here. The cross in the middle is the now famous double clothes line pole. If you enlarge the picture you can see the "V" bracing. I like to think it is V for Veronica. She is the one who wanted an outdoor clothesline. I think she only used it once before she left.

I use it often, every washday. Monday that is. . .I am such a traditionalists. You would think I was a political conservative. No!

I love the smell of laundry that is hung out. It is one of life's great pleasures to crawl into a bed at night that has just been made up with fresh linen off the line.

When you get old you notice life's simple pleasures. The complex ones are confusing and too much trouble.

When the picture is enlarged (double click on it) you will see a grey smudge at the centre left. This is smoke. My old manure pile has been smoldering away since May when I burned off some grass. I imagine it will continue to burn until Winter sets in. I now have a pile of ash to spread on the garden.



















This is my new buck.

Sadly my New Zealand giant died. He also was just a cuddler and not an aggressive lover. This young buck is quick to get the job done. Awe to be young again.! He is not as big as the last one. Perhaps, this is best as a couple of my does are relatively small. I have a birthing hutch ready for the first batch in a week or two. I think my rabbitry might actually get going now.




















My morning visit on mybackclothesline balcony by Paulo the Peacock always makes me smile.
I posted this picture to show that is tail is growing. He had hardly any tail at all when we got him. Next year, he will be all in his spendor with a full tail. He has developed a set of feathers , on his back, in green and purple. He is looking good displaying for ducks and chicken, whatever fowl that might pay him some attention.

1 Comments:

At 7:16 p.m., Blogger Rachel said...

Nice pictures! The peacock is a little short on tail feathers! Looks like you have a nice supply of word out back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home