DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Embrace






This is a piece of found art. I entitled it "The Embrace". It appeared when I pulled the carrots in my garden. Finding these little treasures is part of the fun of gardening.

The Embrace is symbolic of a group hug by my three grandchildren; Dillon, Olivia and Travis. It rests on a turtle, which in Native American creation mythology represent that upon which the earth was created by piling mud on it's back, scooped up from the primordial sea.

Make of this what you will! For me, it represents the loving support for one another and the foundation support of Nature upon which all rests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home