DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Tossing Pebbles in the Stream .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream

This blog is my place to sit and toss pebbles into the stream. The stream of Life relentlessly passing before us. We can affect it little. For the most part I just watch it passing and follow the flow. Occasionally, I need to comment on its passing, tossing a pebble at it to enjoy the ripple affect upon Life's surface.

Friday, April 13, 2012

The Lovely Leigha

I recently spend so time visiting my friend, Lynne, in Mississauga. This time I had the pleasure of getting to know Leigha her lovely grand daughter better. Leigha, as I mentioned in a previous post is fighting a form of cancer on her kidney, Wilms. She has had a kidney removed, undergone radiation therapy and now is on chemotherapy. All is going well except that her immune system is somewhat weakened by her therapy so she is susceptible to infection. She has had to briefly revisit the hospital for have a fever due to some mild infection. This is all normal.

It is though to see a 3 year old having to go through all the treatments to this disease. She is handling it well. It many ways she is handling it better than the adult family member who love her. She is an adorable lovely and charming child.

(click on photo to enlarge)






















This is a picture just after she asked me to get my camera. The previous visit I had shown her how to take a picture with it. She remembered. First I took her picture as she anticipated being able to take some for herself.


















Here is one of Leigha's pictures of me holding one of her stuffed toys on my knee. It seem the toy was the subject of the picture and not me. Just as well as I am a little camera shy. Nice composition I thought. Many of her pictures were of the floor or ceiling or parts of people half in and half out of the picture. But she was getting the right idea.






















Now don't you just want to sit down beside her and read her a story.

I look forward to my next visit now than we know each other better. I expect when she sees me she remember my camera and want to use it again.

7 Comments:

At 4:23 p.m., Blogger KGMom said...

Awww--what a sweetie.
So glad you posted this, as I was wondering how she is doing.
It is good of you to help cheer her with your camera.
Hoping for continued healing for Leigha.

 
At 7:03 p.m., Blogger possum said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:04 p.m., Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Well, I'm a little sniffly now.

 
At 7:06 p.m., Blogger possum said...

An Eastern Shore expression comes to mind - "I could just eat her with a spoon!!" What a precious child. Glad you got to play with her!
Sending healing thoughts her way.

 
At 9:26 a.m., Blogger Ginnie said...

This post really tugged at my heart strings, Philip. She is indeed lovely and loaning her your camera has made her day.
Sending lots of hugs to you all.

 
At 2:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered if you weren't away somewhere for a visit. What a precious child. Thanks for the update.

 
At 9:28 a.m., Blogger Rachel said...

She is adorable and what a lovely smile! I'm glad she got to enjoy your camera! Yes, I would like nothing more than sitting down beside her and putting my arm around her and reading her a story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home